Vacuum Breaker Check Valve 2023 351m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Breaker Check Valve 2023 351m

While attempting to flush my front back tank, we discovered water in the kitchen floor as well as dripping from underneath. Where is the check valve located? The best I can tell is behind the shower valve? Next question, how does the shower valve/shower head come off?

Originally posted by mbradshaw187 View Post
    While attempting to flush my front back tank, we discovered water in the kitchen floor as well as dripping from underneath. Where is the check valve located? The best I can tell is behind the shower valve? Next question, how does the shower valve/shower head come off?
    Welcome to the technical forum mbradshaw187

There are many varieties of shower valves installed, even in the same models and the same model years. If you could add a photo, we can probably determine the approach to removing the valve and handle.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

This is the type of shower head I have.

Comment

Is there possibly a removable panel in the back of the top left cabinet of the hutch? The back of the hutch and the shower share the same wall.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

This is the type of shower head I have.
          I think that's a "Haven" shower panel and head. See https://legacy.granddesignrv.com/ifr...s-detail/67709

That led me to do some searching and found https://elkhartrvparts.com/products/...ss-steel-a7648

That page has a link to a "manual" that's not very helpful: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...f?v=1675963001

Perhaps another member here with sharper GoogleFi skills can find a better guide given the clues above? Another option is to call GD Customer Support to see if they have can direct you to the black tank valve location in your 351M (maybe there's two given there's two toilets?) and also a manual on how to remove/install the shower panel and head.

Please post back with this information should you get it!

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I think that's a "Haven" shower panel and head. See https://legacy.granddesignrv.com/ifr...s-detail/67709

That led me to do some searching and found https://elkhartrvparts.com/products/...ss-steel-a7648

That page has a link to a "manual" that's not very helpful: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...f?v=1675963001

Perhaps another member here with sharper GoogleFi skills can find a better guide given the clues above? Another option is to call GD Customer Support to see if they have can direct you to the black tank valve location in your 351M (maybe there's two given there's two toilets?) and also a manual on how to remove/install the shower panel and head.

Please post back with this information should you get it!

Howard
            Thanks for the information. I called GD customer support and their answer was to maybe drop the belly pan to access it. As much as I didn't want to, I guess I'm making a trip to the dealer since it's still under warranty. Thank goodness our camping season is over.

Comment

Dang mbradshaw187 - It looks like we're striking out at getting you an answer. It makes no sense at all to drop the belly pan to access the valve. The valves are always supposed to be mounted above the holding tank. I can't fathom how you'd get to it from the bottom. On some units, they extend the valve and hide it under the bathroom sink. It's worth taking a peek in that area just in case.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I called GD customer support and their answer was to maybe drop the belly pan to access it.
                Wow--that's not correct. As Jim pointed out in the post above, by code the valve has to be at above the highest point of any plumbing. (I could have the wording incorrect, but it's the general idea.) The valve is accessible from somewhere inside the trailer, not from below.

Perhaps the GD rep got confused or mixed up the valve and the tank sprayer that's on the tank itself. If the latter is the issue, then absolutely the only way to replace it is from below. BUT, I'd try to unclog that sprayer first by pouring hot water into an empty tank (a good six gallons of piping hot water with or without dove liquid soap) and towing the trailer around the block a few times to slosh the liquid around.

This is just speculation on my part, but if that sprayer is clogged with foreign matter that may not be a warranty issue. Again, just speculation (don't shoot the messenger) just preparing you for the possibility the dealer may charge for the service.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I vaguely remember someone finding an access panel inside the HUTCH on the other side of the wall. Basically the rear wall was double lined with paneling with an access hole in the under layer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	86
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	122274
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

mbradshaw187 If you're talking about your black tank check valve, try looking under your bathroom sink. Our sink base has a false back. The check valve is behind that false back. Looking at your floor plan it would make most sense for it to be in the bathroom area.
                    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Our 2020 351M there is a square panel cover that is screwed to the back wall of the upper left cabinet of the "coffee bar". It's the same material as the wall so it blends in pretty well so you have to be looking for it.
                      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                      2020 Momentum 351M
                      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
                      X