Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need helping identifying my black tank vent pipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need helping identifying my black tank vent pipe.

I’ve attached a picture of my roof and just need verification of that location. I’m thinking is located at the back by the ladder. and where in the world is the plumbing?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0c7F...sk-LA8isa2bV8g
    2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Dude

Looking at the 2600RB drawing, that is the black tank vent pipe. The plumbing should be coming up in the linen cabinet. I can't see the linen cabinet very well in photos, but I'm pretty sure the pipe comes up behind a panel in the back of the cabinet.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Dude

Looking at the 2600RB drawing, that is the black tank vent pipe. The plumbing should be coming up in the linen cabinet. I can't see the linen cabinet very well in photos, but I'm pretty sure the pipe comes up behind a panel in the back of the cabinet.

Jim
      On the left side of the shower is shelving for storage and no indication of plumbing at all, unless it placed behind the wall at the very back corner. I’m getting an odor when flushing and not getting an odor at that pipe location. I’ve read that there may be a vent valve malfunction or a the caps needs to be replaced, and need to find a starting point.
      2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Dude,

it appears you have 2 tank vents. There is one very conveniently placed right at the top of the ladder and by the looks of it, if you measure the linen depth you will find it does not go full depth to the side wall.

The other appears to run up inside the bathroom to den wall, note the thickness of this wall. I would venture to say the one by the ladder is black and the other is grey for the shower tank.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X