Water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak

Seem to have water pooling on floor beneath kitchen sink in my 2800 bh. No apparent water leaks from plumbing, could it be a clogged drain line from AC since it had been running for a while? It had not been raining. Thanks, John

The AC drains across the roof.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So I had a similar issue on two of my other campers. Do you only notice water on the floor after you first setup and the HWH (guessing you do not have an on demand HWH) heats the first time?

My issue was the HWH would over pressure the lines in the system and they would leak. Once the excess pressure was relieved it would not leak again unless the HWH was allowed to cool completely then get reheated. Had the same issue on pump or city water.

You may also need to replace the seals on the ends of the PEX to fixture lines. The seals are cheap: https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16435-P...s%2C114&sr=8-5
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

It took us a while to find this one, the nut on the top of the drain line P-trap had come loose. Now when I do my weekly system check I run a finger along the top of all the P-trap nuts to make sure they're dry.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I have removed the large drawer under oven and discovered water marks on the bottom of the panel that encloses the cabinet beneath sink, it’s the panel that separates the cabinet from the heater. The water marks run the entire length of this panel. There are no leaks with the connections just under the sink either. It seams I may have to remove the heater from the outside allowing closer examination and inspection of the connections that go under the floor just behind the heater. There is no other way to perform the inspection. Does anyone have similar experience or solution? Thanks! The RV has barely been used since purchase in October ‘22. A little disappointed that such a problem arises in such a short period of time. Would have expected better from Grand Design.

Comment

JohnP

I would remove the furnace as a last resort.

Have you tried pressurizing the system and looking in the wet area to see if there are any evident leaks?

Add some water to the fresh tank and turn on the water pump and check for leaks in the area. Run water thru the sink faucet and look at the drain pipes below the sink.

Is the panel that shows the water marks removable? Can you see behind the panel with a mirror or something?

If the pump is in that area have you checked the connections on it? The bowl on the pump may have come loose.

We had a small water leak on our first trip with the new RV, I have also had others that had popped up over the years of ownership. This happens sometimes with use.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Could also be a very slow leak and thus hard to find. In my 2022 it turned out to be a loose clamp near the water heater that was buried in expanding foam (which slowed the leak rate). I had to first remove the foam to see & confirm it (see the video attachment to this link gdrv-pex-plumbing-leak).

I'll echo Country Campers advice. In my case I started to remove the water heater but then found the panel between the water heater and bathroom sink was removable! Although I never pulled it out entirely, it was still a hassle to slide the water heater back and seal everything up.

Earl
              2022 Imagine 22RBE
              2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.7L V-8 MDS VVT)
              Anderson 3350 WDH w/ Redarc TowPro EBRH-ACCV3

Comment

Working...
              X