LaSalle Bristol Cable Actuated RV Waste Valve Set Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaSalle Bristol Cable Actuated RV Waste Valve Set Screw

I haven't been able to find the thread size, much less any information on the set screw in the LaSalle Bristol valve to tighten the stainless steel rod in place. The existing set screw has been over tightened (dealer or alike...) and now the 1/8" Allen wrench is starting to skip a bit and needs to be replaced before it is no longer removable. Any help is appreciated.

I am not sure of the size but 1/8" allen is usually 1/4-20 or similar. Have you tried a metric allen wrench, maybe 3.5mm? If metric could mean it is 6 mm threads.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Bah! I have a new/spare valve at my place, not installed and therefore readily accessible, and thought I could easily get the set screw out and measured for you. However, it looks slathered in loctight, and I cannot for the life of me get it out. I unfortunately can see why the dealer stripped the screw on yours....Sorry, but I tried. If you need any other info from my spare valve though, happy to help.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

It is unlikely that these gate valves are made in the US (although I can’t confirm this) so the set screw is most likely to be metric.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Bristol has a contact number (Elkhart Indiana) that might be able to confirm set screw specs. https://www.lasallebristol.com/plumbing/bristol/

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X