No Hot Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hot Water

2022 Grand design imagine 23 lde- In Northern NV, Skirted with foam board, heated lines, heat lamp underneath, 40watt heat bulb by control panel in front enclosure, water heater is working but I can’t get hot water on any faucet (shower/kitchen/BR). Total mystery- a tech told me it’s likely a vacuum valve- The only one I see is under the bathroom sink and is connected to the black tank flush…nothing in the kitchen (been in behind the cabinets and zilch- anyone know where the thing is?
    Thanks

Pegan

I have moved your post to a new thread.

There is no "vacuum valve" in the water system on GD RV's.

What type of water heater do you have?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Pegan Welcome to the family and the forum!

Do you have any water flow at all or it is just cold?
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Pegan View Post
        2022 Grand design imagine 23 lde- In Northern NV, Skirted with foam board, heated lines, heat lamp underneath, 40watt heat bulb by control panel in front enclosure, water heater is working but I can’t get hot water on any faucet (shower/kitchen/BR). Total mystery- a tech told me it’s likely a vacuum valve- The only one I see is under the bathroom sink and is connected to the black tank flush…nothing in the kitchen (been in behind the cabinets and zilch- anyone know where the thing is?
        Thanks
        If you have a 6-gallon tank water heater, the valve the tech mentioned may be the one-way valve screwed into the outlet on the rear of the tank. Picture below from my 315RLTS' tank. The valve it shows is brass 'cause that's what I installed when the plastic valve failed.

Also note that's there's no harm in temporarily removing the valve and connecting the water line directly to the tank if you don't have a replacement valve handy.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	119
Size:	794.7 KB
ID:	126660
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Pegan First thing I always check when the water heater is running but no fixtures have hot water is the outside faucet. If the valves are on but no hose is connected or there is a shut off on the hose then it can cause this issue.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Pegan View Post
            Thanks
            If the water is just barely warm, check the water heater bypass valve setting. I had that problem with the used coach we have. After shutting it off, viola hot water.
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X