Upgrading Toilet & Bidet - Reflection 315RTLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Toilet & Bidet - Reflection 315RTLS

After almost 3 years of heavy use of my travel trailer, the fresh water valve of my original Thetford Aqua Magic II toilet has developed a leak. Things wear out, no big deal. While it may not be necessary, a YouTube video shows that it's much easier to repair the leaking valve if the toilet is removed. https://youtu.be/BnfA9zYq6pQ?si=fkrUiDO2LC7JABy_

As I use my RV a lot, I've been thinking about adding a heated/powered bidet seat to my RV toilet. Because of the vacuum break valve at the top of the toilet, the Thetford Aqua Magic II toilet is not the ideal toilet to add a heated bidet. Thus, instead of repairing my original Thetford toilet, now could be the time to upgrade/replace the toilet to making installation of the bidet seat easier.

After investigating bidet seats for RV toilets, it appears that the best RV toilet for installing a bidet seat is the Dometic 310 https://www.manybidets.com/blog/best...seats-for-rvs/ or the Dometic 320, with the 320 being the easiest. See the comments of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvBccOato7g for the Dometic 320. As an added benefit, it is really easy to repair/change out the fresh water valve on the Dometic toilets, as compared to the Thetfords.

So the question is, with the small bathroom of the Reflection 315RLTS, has anyone installed a Dometic 310 or 320 toilet in their Reflection 315 RLTS (or other Reflection model with a rounded wall behind the toilet)?

Here are pictures of how close the toilet is to my rounded wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet 1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	127157 Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet 2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	127158
    Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
    2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Jimmer -- can't answer your question, but I'll be following this thread closely! No issues with the potty in our 315RLTS (at least prior to typing that last sentence ) but if I installed a heated bidet toilet my DW will be quite happy with me.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Jimmer -- can't answer your question, but I'll be following this thread closely! No issues with the potty in our 315RLTS (at least prior to typing that last sentence ) but if I installed a heated bidet toilet my DW will be quite happy with me.

Howard
      Thanks, Howard. The dimensions are on-line, but with a curved wall, things can't be guaranteed. I'll be headed to the RV Show in Tampa this week, and hope to get some more toilet measurements at the show. Man, that sounds weird!

Comment

I did a non heated seat on my Thetford, but ran both hot and cold water to it. We have had them at the house since the first time I threw my back out and they are lifesavers. In the RV it leads to less paper in the tank, and more water, both of which are good things. In my fifth wheel it was easy to tee off the hot water line from the sink and bring it up to the bidet seat.

This is the one I put in the RV on the Thetford:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
          ... In my fifth wheel it was easy to tee off the hot water line from the sink and bring it up to the bidet seat.

This is the one I put in the RV on the Thetford:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Good idea, but not as easy to get to the hot water lines in my travel trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post

Yeah I was not sure what would be involved there. Let me tell you though warm water makes all the difference.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post

It's not getting to the hot water lines, it's getting a new line up through the floor under the potty. As you probably know, the black tank sits immediately underneath and there's just enough of a gap between the floor and tank to run a line. It was no fun when I replaced the potty's soft hose line with pex--if I'd dropped or somehow messed up feeding the pex line there'd have been a problem...

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X