Low point drains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low point drains

New to the RV world… We have a 2023, Reflection 303RLS. I see the low point drains under the RV, but they have No visible shutoff valves. How do you open/close those drains. They are obviously closed since nothing drains out of them when we are connected to ‘city’ water.
    Last edited by ExBusDriver; 01-26-2024, 08:50 PM.
    2024 Reflection 303RLS

Hi ExBusDriver Welcome to our owners technical forum.
    Those low point drains might have caps screwed on to them, but if they are indeed open, there must be valves inside the trailer, perhaps behind the water control panel. If so, this is new for the Reflection line. Please take pictures and post here . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob -- maybe the valves are tucked up under the coroplast? I know that doesn't make sense...but might be the case?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I do not think there are any valves on the low point drains, just plugs in the end.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          I do not think there are any valves on the low point drains, just plugs in the end.

Brian
          Best I could find on the internet is a '23 model. You're right, Brian -- plugs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	255
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	127683

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYThFN9RfkM at the 19:02 mark.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, There definitely are no plugs in the ends. I’ll look behind the water panel next week when I go out to the storage facility. I’m not quite ready to rip off the spray foam insulation around the pipes where the drains go into the chloroplast belly pan. I may eventually have to do that, I have several cans of the spray foam insulation.
            2024 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Ours has plugs that screw into the drain pipes, not caps.
              If you post pics then the forum could be more help. It’s very unlikely that you have to remove the underside to drain the RV.
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by ExBusDriver View Post
                Thanks for all the replies, There definitely are no plugs in the ends. I’ll look behind the water panel next week when I go out to the storage facility. I’m not quite ready to rip off the spray foam insulation around the pipes where the drains go into the chloroplast belly pan. I may eventually have to do that, I have several cans of the spray foam insulation.
                Could you post a picture of the your low point drain lines?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Could you post a picture of the your low point drain lines?

Brian
                  I will post a picture, as soon as I can take some. it will be the middle of next week, that is the first chance I will get to go out to the storage unit and take the pictures.
                  2024 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

If you bought it new, the 303RLS will have plugs on the low point drains. No valves. If you bought it used.....well...it may be modified.
                    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                    2021 303RLS
                    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

I will post a picture, as soon as I can take some. it will be the middle of next week, that is the first chance I will get to go out to the storage unit and take the pictures.
                      If you are looking at the two lines behind the axles and next to the fresh tank drain, they are the fresh tank anti siphon/overflow pipes and are not capped or plugged. The low point drains are near the holding tank drain pipe ahead of the axles. I have a 2022 and could be different.
                      Dennis.
                      Last edited by D&S-303; 01-27-2024, 11:08 AM.
                      Dennis & Sharon
                      2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
                      2022 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by D&S-303 View Post

If you are looking at the two lines behind the axles and next to the fresh tank drain, they are the fresh tank anti siphon pipes and are not capped or plugged. The low point drains are near the holding tank drain pipe ahead of the axles. I have a 2022 and could be different.
                        Dennis.
                        Thanks! Yes those are the ones I was looking at! Now I need to look for them forward of the axles.
                        2024 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Thanks! Yes those are the ones I was looking at! Now I need to look for them forward of the axles.
                          Here is a pic of ours. I added a couple valve.
                          Attached Files
                          Dennis & Sharon
                          2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
                          2022 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by D&S-303 View Post

Here is a pic of ours. I added a couple valve.
                            Thanks for the pictures, I don’t remember seeing anything there on ours, but I may have missed them. I am planning to go out the the unit (in a storage lot) on Tuesday. I will look again in that area and take some pictures.
                            2024 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

You will have to double check the line size, but I cut the threaded end adapters off the exposed lines, then added https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...28EP/300891988 putting the threaded ends back on JUST IN CASE something happened to the valve and I had to cap it.

In the mean time I also added https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to them to keep the critters from stopping them up with dirt.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X