Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside Shower Spray-Port

Hi everyone,

A relative newbie to RV life and I was hoping someone would be able to answer a question. Is it possible to completely remove an outside spray-port on a transcend xplor? The reason we want to remove it is because we live in a colder climate and the plastic piece on the inside behind bunk bed drawers always bursts with the thaw and freezing. and rather than fix it every year, we want to remove it as we never use it anyway. Thanks for any input in advance.

You sure can. If you have access to the pipe feeding the spray port, which I think you do under the bunk bed, then just cut the pipe and add a pex plug available at your hardware stores. The only thing is the pipe will hold a little water and over time may get a little skunky, RV technical term there. You could also add a "T" and a 2 valves, shut the feed valve off and open the drain valve and drain into a small bucket or cup. Then in the spring you could shut the drain valve, open the feed valve and use the spray port. I run water thru ours a few times of year to keep the line filled with fresh water.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

northernace -- which specific Transcend model?

(Welcome to the forum!)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

northernace I agree with Brian, but if it was me and I truly did not ever need it, I would follow the line underneath to wherever it tees off the main line and cut the tee out. This would remove the need to drain the dead ended pipe. I did this with my low point drains as we never winterize.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X