Water Pump Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Location?

Where is the water pump at in my Reflection 296rdts?
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

I believe it is behind the Nautilus panel, there may be a removable panel that will reveal the water pump. There is a switch on the Nautilus panel that will turn the pump on so you can hear it. It will not hurt it to run long without water but I try not to do that, a short little burst to locate is all that is needed.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      I believe it is behind the Nautilus panel, there may be a removable panel that will reveal the water pump. There is a switch on the Nautilus panel that will turn the pump on so you can hear it. It will not hurt it to run long without water but I try not to do that, a short little burst to locate is all that is needed.

Brian
      I removed everything in the compartment today to check on the water pump. I tried to open the felt wall behind the Nautilus panel, but I could not find out a way to open it. It moves, but it will not open. I think they ran a solid piece of felt on it and the wall. It was not easy for my old body to crawl in there and get back out.
      Raymond and Dee Dee
      2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

The felt wall is most likely held in with black "camper screws" along the top and bottom edges. The screws are difficult to find due to the color of the felt and screw, plus no logical spacing. I find them by feeling along the top and bottom edges between the floor or ceiling and no more than 2" up on the felt.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          The felt wall is most likely held in with black "camper screws" along the top and bottom edges. The screws are difficult to find due to the color of the felt and screw, plus no logical spacing. I find them by feeling along the top and bottom edges between the floor or ceiling and no more than 2" up on the felt.
          The main wall is connected to the wall that the pump at the inside corner. When I pull on the wall at the pump the main wall moves. I would think GD would want only the wall at the pump to be easily removed. Hopefully I am describing this correctly. Being I twisted my back getting in there and back out hopefully I don't have to go in there again.
          Raymond and Dee Dee
          2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
          2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

In the 303 the false wall is 1 piece and it's not straight, it's actually curved.

I believe there are several members that have modified the false wall so that I'd now multiple pieces and easily removed.
            Joseph
            Tow
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

There are certainly things behind that wall that you should keep an eye on and that need to be accessible. Installing a sliding panel will allow this. Some have installed a hinged panel, but this requires removing more stuff from the pass through storage area to swing the panel. See this thread, particularly post 5. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...topped-working

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02417.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	130100
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
                Where is the water pump at in my Reflection 296rdts?
                Raymond
                My false wall is held in place by 6-8 black screws the run on the vertical edge at either end - none in the middle. Its bowed but a friction fit. Its made to be removable. Try feeling along the edge of the nautilus panel. Once removed it should pull away. The other vertical screws will be at the other end of the pass through. Now having said that have you cycled the pump to verify the location?
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Raymond
                  My false wall is held in place by 6-8 black screws the run on the vertical edge at either end - none in the middle. Its bowed but a friction fit. Its made to be removable. Try feeling along the edge of the nautilus panel. Once removed it should pull away. The other vertical screws will be at the other end of the pass through. Now having said that have you cycled the pump to verify the location?
                  No, I have not. I did not want to push the antifreeze out. I do have a question about the switches. There is one switch at the Nautilus panel and one on the Compass Control board. Do they both do the same thing?
                  Raymond and Dee Dee
                  2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                  2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

If you have a unity board (most GD Reflections do now) it looks for a change of state. This means it looks at various inputs and if one of them changes state (say both providing power to the board) then it will reverse the state of the pump relay (terminate power to one switch). Then if the other changes state again the board changes state of the relay (cut power to the other input thus no power to the pump command on system but pump is running). You can turn the pump on at one panel and off at the other, then go back to the first panel and turn the pump back on by reversing the switch. Works similar to a 3 way switch, just computer controlled now.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post

No, I have not. I did not want to push the antifreeze out. I do have a question about the switches. There is one switch at the Nautilus panel and one on the Compass Control board. Do they both do the same thing?
                      Yes they both turn the pump on independently. I believe one will cancel the other, so if the main switch is on the one on the nautilus panel will turn it off. Think about a 3-way light switch. The one on the nautilus panel is a convenience for sanitizing and winterizing. .

BTW You can cycle the pump even with the winterizing in place. Just don't have a faucet open. I drain the winterizing out after the initial process and blow the lines clear with about 30psi of air pressure. Why - in very cold temps the winterizing solution will freeze. Keep in mind as you winterize the fluid will mix with any water in the lines thus raising its freeze point.. So I start by blowing out the water with air, winterize using the pump bypassing the HWH, then blow out the winterizing solution with air. This reduces the chance of anything freezing up. I also open the HWH bypass slightly when bowing things out to as I have found water in the feed line in the past.

Hope this helps
                      Keith
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I checked and the water pump is behind the Nautilus panel. I also checked for the back of the TWH and it is behind the bedroom drawers.
                        Raymond and Dee Dee
                        2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                        2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                        X