Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey tank inlet type

Good morning
    I have a 2018 2800BH with a soft spot in the floor at the entrance to the bedroom. I pulled the skirting down to see that it is directly above the front grey tank. The only possible water infiltration could be where the sink drain connects to the grey tank. Possibly pooling in a low spot on top of the tank and then soaking the floor?
    I would like to drop the grey tank and possibly repair the section from below but without knowing exactly how the drain is attached (hopefully slip fitting for ease of service) I don't want to start dropping it and break something. Does anyone e know or have drawings?

Thanks
    Rob

Originally posted by Rcshantz View Post
    Good morning
    I have a 2018 2800BH with a soft spot in the floor at the entrance to the bedroom. I pulled the skirting down to see that it is directly above the front grey tank. The only possible water infiltration could be where the sink drain connects to the grey tank. Possibly pooling in a low spot on top of the tank and then soaking the floor?
    I would like to drop the grey tank and possibly repair the section from below but without knowing exactly how the drain is attached (hopefully slip fitting for ease of service) I don't want to start dropping it and break something. Does anyone e know or have drawings?

Thanks
    Rob
    Most of our tanks ride on a support frame lips (tank side is notched) One side is removable by removing the end bolts.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1308s.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	129908 In this picture the white water tank sits on a cross beam the is screwed to the frame on each end. You can see the self tapping screw penetrating the outside frame at the top center of the photo. On the top right in the photo you can see the side frame on the gray tank penetrating a cross member.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1312s.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	129909 Here is a picture of my aft grey tank, At the bottom right you can see the two self taping screw/bolts penetrating the outside frame, One these are removed the support chanel drops out and the tank can be slid off the other support (welded in place) and dropped down.

Now have you checked from inside you unit, You should be able to inspect the the inlet pipe area seal for signs of water. Now the good news is there is probably 1.5" to 3" of clearance above the tank to the floor on my unit - at least above the water tank and aft gray tank..

Now to help you can contact GD customer service (have you vin handy,) and they can send you a drawing of the tanks that hopefully will indicate which support beam is removable. On my two front gray/black tanks it is the outside support beam. Center dual support beam is welded in place.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thank you! I did see and guessed at this removal method. What I cannot see is how the drain for the kitchen sink attaches to the tank and is the area I'm worried about. That pipe goes from the drain into the wall.

Comment

It will go straight down into the tank with a grommet on the pipe to seal it in the tank. Removing the under belly to see what the issue is will be the best step. I think you will need to cut the flooring to actually fix the soft spot though. Easy to do just make some nice clean cuts around the area large enough to work on the patch and pull the flooring back, fix the floor and then put the flooring back down with some adhesive around the edges where you cut. I think you might find a leaking water line or connection that is the issue.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X