How should this water inlet work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should this water inlet work?

I have noticed that there is a check valve in the water inlet to the coach, which prevents back flow out of the coach when no hose is connected. When I was winterizing, I found that the only way to get the pump to suck anti freeze into the coach was to insert a screened hose washer in the opening, with the screen bulged towards the check valve, such that when I screwed in the hose the screen pushed the button on the check valve and allowed the pump to suck anti freeze out of the jug. Is this the normal way it should work? Should I use this same screen when connecting to city water?
    2022 Reflection 280RS
    2022 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Hi there. Yep it's normal. When winterizing, turn the tip of the cone shaped valve towards the check valve. When using water from the spigot, turn the screen so the tip of the cone points away from the check valve.

Important: When inserting the screen to winterize, make sure you have turned off the pump and removed pressure from the system before inserting the screen. Once the screen is in place and the winterizing hoses screwed on, you can turn the pump back on.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Just wanted to add that I put about 3 or 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket and set it on a stand so the bucket is parallel or above the inlet. This allows for me to go thru the trailer and winterize all fixtures with out changing to a new 1 gallon jug when it is empty, plus I think it helps with the suction part.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X