Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Heater - Anode Rod for 2910BH?

Hi,

I've heard a lot about swapping out anode rods each year. I. bought a 2022 used and am unsure when it was changed last and I'm not sure which replacement to get. I hear that magnesum are usually better, especially for the new model trailers (2020, 2021, 2022...etc). Please let me know your thoughts on what rod to get and how ofter to swap in a tankless water heater.

Thank you
    Chris

Originally posted by Musco View Post
    Hi,

I've heard a lot about swapping out anode rods each year. I. bought a 2022 used and am unsure when it was changed last and I'm not sure which replacement to get. I hear that magnesum are usually better, especially for the new model trailers (2020, 2021, 2022...etc). Please let me know your thoughts on what rod to get and how ofter to swap in a tankless water heater.

Thank you
    Chris
    If you have a Dometic or Atwood (common for that year) it does not use one. Only the Suburban does.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hi Neil...thanks for your response. Any other water heater maintenance required then if no Anode Rod to change?

Comment

If it’s a Dometic then usually just a flush every now and then. Most use something like this:

https://a.co/d/2VvWHRe
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Do you know if you can put in an Anode Rod, even if they don't come with one? Assuming if one fits in there, it's better for the tank anyway?

Comment

You use an anode rod to stop the track from dissolving due to galvanic corrosion. Dometic uses a different tank construction (aluminum I think) so the rod does nothing.

Neil Citro

Comment

Musco What is the brand of water heater?

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey Brian....not sure what brand the water heater is. Assuming it should be labeled somewhere on/around the water heater? I don't recall seeing a brand name in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Musco View Post
                  Hey Brian....not sure what brand the water heater is. Assuming it should be labeled somewhere on/around the water heater? I don't recall seeing a brand name in the manual.
                  Take a picture and post it with the outside cover open (so we can see the "guts") and we can figure it out. Bottom line: if it's a Dometic do NOT use an anode rod. If it's a Suburban WH, use one. Obviously (I hope!) the question is not applicable to a tankless water heater.

Typical 6 gallon Dometic WH...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-31 152102.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	131259

Howard

Howard & Francine
                  2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X