Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 GD 268BH water heater leak

Hello everyone,

We are rookie rv owners and I will be honest, i am pretty ignorant to all this, but i am slowly learning. We took the rv out this past weekend to check everything out and make sure it works. We had zero issues last year, but this weekend I spent the entire trip fixing things. I winterized it myself last year and it looks like I forgot to open the drain valve for the water heater and the drain pipe burst. I wasn’t able to get a good picture, but there is about 1/4 in hole in the pipe. I attached some pictures of what pipe I am talking about. The hole in the pipe is close to the heater door a few inches behind the drain exit channel. Would I be able to remove that pipe and repair it? I tried looking online and I could not find a replacement pipe. No other plumbing issues. I bypassed the water heater and everything else worked properly. I removed the wall in the crawl space and I did not see any other leaks. I appreciate the help!

v/r
    Robert

Welcome to our Grand Design owners technical forum.

The freeze failure that you describe is a common problem. You are correct that Furrion does not sell service parts. I have read reports of where owners have successfully removed this pipe, sleeved and soldered it to repair the split. There are several threads on this forum about this water heater. This is one of the longer ones https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ase-read/page2.

Of note is that there were several incorrect winterizing processes described in various documents when these heaters first came out. If you followed a process in a Grand Design manual supplied with your trailer that was different than leaving the bypass closed and winterizing with antifreeze, you may be able to contact Grand Design Customer Service for some assistance with this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
    X