Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on this? Seems like a simple solution.

Thanks -
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2020 Ram 2500

Comment

We were surprised and pleased to see the Furrion tankless water heater in our new 2022 Reflection 297RSTS. The DW has wanted this.

Salesman made no comment on cold weather camping using the tankless. He did mention still needing to winterize the unit.

Did see the frost warning in the manual for when temps drop below 39°.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.jpeg
Views:	1763
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	61934
      Last edited by jpcarro11; 07-29-2021, 08:20 PM.
      John & Susan
      2019 Ford F-250 CCSB
      2022 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

We were planning on winterizing our 337 in early October, but thought about taking it out in the early Spring of 2022 to travel to the southern states Colorado being Colorado, and the states surrounding us, temps at night will hover at or below 39 degrees (probably more like in the 20 degree range). With the Furrion tankless water heater 39 degrees warning, this issue has our interest as to what resolution, we hope, will be provided by Furrion/GD. We could stay winterized until we get to warmer climates, but other suggestions are welcome.
        Elke and Heinz
        2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
        2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Let me check into it.

Jim
          Still wondering…
          Peter
          2022 Reflection 337 RLS
          2021 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Please keep us informed as we love late fall camping and my 2021 303 has a tankless system
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Looks like I will be draining between hunting trips as the unit stays unpowered during hunting season.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post

Still wondering…
                I assure you TucsonJim has continued to ask GD about this issue.

For those concerned due to the desire to camp in temps at or below 39 degrees I suggest you join Jim's efforts by calling GD Customer Service yourself to ask for a status. In your shoes I'd also send a certified, signature-required letter to Furrion, too, registering my displeasure and asking for a resolution.

Remember--your humble moderators are just owners like you.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I also have a Furrion tankless water heater. I’m really disappointed about the 39 degree freeze warning, as we love fall camping.
                  I also saw on Furrions website that they only work up to 4500 feet elevation without being reprogrammed. It said to call the company to find out how to do this.

That information should be in the manual!!!

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I assure you TucsonJim has continued to ask GD about this issue.

For those concerned due to the desire to camp in temps at or below 39 degrees I suggest you join Jim's efforts by calling GD Customer Service yourself to ask for a status. In your shoes I'd also send a certified, signature-required letter to Furrion, too, registering my displeasure and asking for a resolution.

Remember--your humble moderators are just owners like you.

Howard

The 4 season package description on GD website still says 4 season, tested from 0 to 100 degrees. Obviously not the case if you got a tankless heater. Which sucks by the way, it takes 3 minutes or more to get hot water to the kitchen sink on my 2022 320MKS. But having to drain the tankless heater at 39 degrees would have been a deal stopper if I had known before purchase. None of the information I had access to indicated there would be a tankless heater, although now the website does say on demand for water heater. I didn't know until I was at dealer that the water heater was tankless during PDI. No mention of not being able to camp at below 39 degrees from dealer. I asked several question about this water heater, didn't think to ask about cold weather temps, why would I? I've got the mandatory arctic package good down to 0 degrees, right?

Howard do you have relevant contact information? Maybe phone numbers and addresses for those registered letters? it's September and below 39 degrees will be right around the corner. Hopefully they have something finalized and ready to go.

Donnie
                    Last edited by howson; 10-15-2021, 02:10 PM. Reason: Edited per OP's request.

Comment

As last I heard at the national rally they are still working on a solution at Furrion.
                      Last edited by howson; 09-14-2021, 02:07 PM. Reason: Deleted quote that moderators are aware of...
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I followed Howard’s suggestion and sent Furrion a letter last week. Happy to hear that Furrion is working a solution.
                        Elke and Heinz
                        2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
                        2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Finding out any information at the time of the PDI still gives a prospective owner the chance to back out of a deal. In regards to advertising one thing and then getting something different this happens about 2 or 3 times a year with product changes , model changes , and so on. It ultimately is up to the buyer to do their homework on what they are actually buying. We bought a 2018 model built in October 2017 , we looked at a 2017 model ordered ours from looking at a 2018 model and still received a few upgrades when we received ours , sometimes it is good and sometimes not.

Brian
                          Last edited by howson; 09-14-2021, 02:06 PM. Reason: Deleted quote for reasons the other moderators were notified of...
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Once again, I have contacted Grand Design for an update. The last word I have is that Furrion is going to change their owner's manual from "39°F" to "Freezing Temperatures", and they were working on a heat strip that could be added to existing units. But as far as I know, nothing has been released yet. Hopefully, they can get this resolved.

Until this is finalized, my recommendation is that you winterize your unit if freezing temperatures are in the forecast.

Jim
                            Jim and Ginnie
                            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have a 2022 303RLS with the tanklss water heater. My temporary solution is to set the Nautilus water valve to by-pass the water heater and drain the heater. Turn the RED valve horizontal, turn off the heater power switch and open the water heater drain valve. (Open the filter, too.) This drains the heater so it won't freeze. Turn the RED valve vertical and turn on the water heater when you want to use it again. It only drains a couple of quarts of water, so it's not a big water loss. While it's inconvenient, it only takes a minute.
                              2022 303RLS 5th Wheel - 2015 Chevy Silverado Duramax - B&W hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                                Finding out any information at the time of the PDI still gives a prospective owner the chance to back out of a deal. In regards to advertising one thing and then getting something different this happens about 2 or 3 times a year with product changes , model changes , and so on. It ultimately is up to the buyer to do their homework on what they are actually buying. We bought a 2018 model built in October 2017 , we looked at a 2017 model ordered ours from looking at a 2018 model and still received a few upgrades when we received ours , sometimes it is good and sometimes not.

Brian
                                While this is true, normally the model changes do not nullify completely the ability to use the camper as advertised. my brochure clearly says tested down to 0 degrees, and that indicates ability to use the product as advertised. At the very least, dealer should have mentioned this during PDI since it is such a major change and results in not being able to use the camper as intended. I would bet that the majority of folks other than those in FL sometimes use their camper in sub freezing weather. My XLS worked when outside temps dropped to 10 degrees at night, and was below freezing for 3 days. Silly me, I expected upgrading to a bigger better fifth wheel would give me the same experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X