Water coming from fresh water drain when empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water coming from fresh water drain when empty

Hey community. I have a 2020 Imagine 2670MK. I found water dripping from a blue water line (looks like and overflow line) right next to the white pull handle which is the drain for the fresh water tank. I opened the tank and it was full of water. I don't use thank tank and thought maybe I had mistakenly filled it up for some reason. I drained the tank by pulling the white pull handle and the water drained out. I left it open over night to drain completely and this morning water is still dribbling out of it. This explains why the tank filled up and was coming out of the blue "overflow" water line. How is this tank filling up and how do I stop it?

The pump is leaking backwards or the power fill valve is leaking. Making assumptions your are connected to city water and you have a Nautilus water control panel.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I agree with Ted above, most likely the check valve on the water pump is my guess.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies. Yes I am on city water at a park. Upon further research there is a check valve in the water pump that has possibly gone bad. It may be able to be rebuilt. I did not take the pump apart to see if the check valve is serviceable. I also read that you can install a check valve inline instead of replacing the pump or rebuilding/replacing the internal check valve.

HOWEVER, in my case there is an isolation valve (see the included pic) that can be turned to shut off the city water going into the water pump altogether.

I hope this helps anyone that has the same issue with a
        GD Imagine 2670MK.

Thank you for the helpful info GD community. ✌️

Comment

Most pumps have a repairable/replaceable pumping chamber where the check valves are.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              I agree with Ted above, most likely the check valve on the water pump is my guess.

Brian
              Make sure the Natulas values are correct.

Comment

Working...
              X