Electric side of water heater not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric side of water heater not working

Electric side of hot water heater not working. I have 120v to the relay but nothing at the element. I have
    12v on the white wire to the control module. Should I have voltage to the yellow wire on the relay to trigger it? Any thoughts would be appreciated​. Gas side works fine
    Brad & Vicki
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD

If you’ve got 120 going into it and 12v at the coil I’d bet it’s the relay. It’s a pretty common failure. If it’s a Dometic/Atwood this is the part I put in mine.

https://a.co/d/bLGjebS
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by bv11fishing View Post
      Electric side of hot water heater not working. I have 120v to the relay but nothing at the element. I have
      12v on the white wire to the control module. Should I have voltage to the yellow wire on the relay to trigger it? Any thoughts would be appreciated​. Gas side works fine
      What model WH is in your unit?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X