connecting hose to camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting hose to camper

I just bought a 2022 Imagine 17MKE. I would like to know how others have connected the hose to inlet to the universal docking station. I got an elbow to try to get it away from handles for spray port. Wondering how others have resolved this problem Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Dicbed View Post
    I just bought a 2022 Imagine 17MKE. I would like to know how others have connected the hose to inlet to the universal docking station. I got an elbow to try to get it away from handles for spray port. Wondering how others have resolved this problem Thanks in advance
    I use a brass elbow, since that makes it possible to feed the hose through the access port that is in the floor directly below the water inlet. Otherwise you would have to put a pretty good bend in the hose to make that angle in our case.

Couple of unsolicited tips....
    Don't leave the brass elbow connected to inlet. I used to leave mine connected, but I think it permanently compressed the washer and it started to leak. Maybe the washer was just getting old though. Either way, I just disconnect it now.

When disconnecting the water hose, turn off the supply, disconnect at the source spigot first and let the hose lie lower than the elbow. Then start to disconnect the hose or elbow at the inlet port, and that will allow the water to flow back, and not drop into the dock area.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

My unsolicited tip... always use your own brass fitting (elbow, pressure reducer/regulator, etc.) at the dock station inlet when using park "communal" hoses at fill stations. The communal hose fittings are always messed up and will destroy the integrity of the plastic threads of the dock inlet. (Same goes for the black tank flush inlet.) Asked me how I know... first project when trailer comes out of storage is to replace the dock inlet connection.

Mike
      Mike & Sonya
      2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
      Blue Ox SwayPro
      2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

I use a brass 45 to put less strain on the hose but still give it a bit of clearance away from the convenience center.

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-Degree-E.../dp/B09T3RMFS7
        2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
        2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Water_inlet_hose.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	132464

I use a quick connect. There is enough room for a gentle hose bend.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

This is what my universal dock looks like...The access port I wish opened the other way. I had to extend the elbow out more so hose wouldn't interfere with spray port handles

Comment

I did this with 1/2" pvc pipe

Click image for larger version

Name:	water panel.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	132490

Drilled a hole down thru the bottom pan with a garden hose fitting on the bottom. This keeps the water mess out of the area.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I built a pex docking unit, I attached my regulator at the water source.
                Scott & Mikaela
                2022 375 RES
                2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                X