Water pulsating only from cold kitchen sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pulsating only from cold kitchen sink

Imagine aim 15bh. De-winterized today and have a strange thing that hopefully somebody knows how to fix. Running on tank water. The cold water in the kitchen, pulsates and sputters as it comes out of the faucet. The hot water runs normal. The cold and hot water in the bathroom sink and shower all run normal. It is just cold water in the kitchen sink. Any suggestions?

jihans01

The cold water comes out of the pump and "Ts" off in two directions. On one side is the bathroom (sink, toilet and shower). On the other is the kitchen sink and an external sprayer.

The sputtering is (normally) a sign of air in the lines. For it to just affect the kitchen sink's cold water line and nothing else? If you're sure you ran it long enough to expel all the air (which is very normal), I'd start troubleshooting the kitchen faucet. I'd disconnect the cold input and then (with help of an assistant) turn on the water pump (while catching the cold water coming from the disconnected line) to see if the input to the faucet is good. If there's good flow when disconnected -- something's wrong with the faucet. If there's NOT good flow (still sputtering), and you're sure all the air is out of the lines...I'm not sure.

Cate&Rob?

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 04-23-2024, 06:06 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The pulsing is indicating that the pump is operating near its max pressure setting. The may be some blockage in the cold water line to the faucet or the cold water passage in the faucet. I'd disconnect the cold water line to the faucet and pump water from it into a bucket to see if the pulsing continues. If the pulsing does not continue there is some blockage in the faucet.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I would agree with howson and TedS that the problem is likely within the kitchen faucet. No reason (that I can think of) that just the line to this one fixture would pulsate. Pulling the line to the fixture and running it into a bucket will confirm this. There are any number of kitchen faucets, at Home Depot or similar, that will be better quality direct replacements for the original RV faucets.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X