how do you fill your water tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    This is why I want to install a vent line. I can turn off the valve for travel to prevent water loss from slosh and still protect the tank under virtually all conditions,Jim
    Right Jim. I looked a bit for the post by someone else who did that, posted with pictures and all, but didn't find it. jostby might be interested if you can remember where that was.

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Right Jim. I looked a bit for the post by someone else who did that, posted with pictures and all, but didn't find it. jostby might be interested if you can remember where that was.
      howson Howard may be able to post a link. I've seen some very clever ideas in using just the valve to a vented system to a system where a fellow used a vent from some agriculture equipment. I do not remember the device but I thought it was different than an AAV unit.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

howson Howard may be able to post a link. I've seen some very clever ideas in using just the valve to a vented system to a system where a fellow used a vent from some agriculture equipment. I do not remember the device but I thought it was different than an AAV unit.

Jim
        jostby
        boyscout
        Canyonlight

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hile-traveling
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thats it, those are the parts I ordered for mine. Have not dropped the rear coroplast yet to get a look at it.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

how do you fill your water tank?

First I get a small step ladder, then..

Oh, how do I fill mine? I thought you wanted how do I fill my noisy neighbors....
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Good ideas! Lots of flow switches on Amazon. Tankless water heaters use these. Powering to close the valve rather than open it (fail open) will take a little thought . . .
              Could the solenoid be powered from the nearest side marker? That way it is engaged only when connected to the tow vehicle and the running lights are on. In the event you wanted to equalize the tank while traveling you could simply turn off the running lights for a short period of time and then turn them back on without stopping (obviously not advised while driving at night)
              Brian
              2017 Silverado 2500 HD diesel
              2018 Reflection 230RL

Comment

Originally posted by Retgw2 View Post

Could the solenoid be powered from the nearest side marker? That way it is engaged only when connected to the tow vehicle and the running lights are on. In the event you wanted to equalize the tank while traveling you could simply turn off the running lights for a short period of time and then turn them back on without stopping (obviously not advised while driving at night)
                Hey Brian,

Good idea! A normally open solenoid valve could be used so that it "fails" in the safe (open) mode with loss of power. The owner would have to be in the habit of always towing with lights on . . . which many do anyway. The other thing to watch out for would be never filling the tank or using the bathroom/waterpump with the marker lights on.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                  I do not know where the fresh tank monitor probes are located (if one of our technical folks know this would be good to learn and share here) but if the RV (thus the tank) is not level, that could easily impact gauge readings vs actual tank load of water.
                  Dan,
                  I took some pics of my 315's tank for you. This doesn't mean it's the same as on a 337 or 303 (like the OP has) but it appeared to the untrained eye that most trailers on GD's production lines were similar in concept (and execution) regarding how the plumbing was installed.

You can see the sensors attached to the front of the tank.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sensors.JPG
Views:	1347
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	19788

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresh Water Tank.JPG
Views:	613
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	19789

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thank you, for doing this, Howard howson - appreciate this !

One can see that with the RV not level side to side and front to rear as well, tank readings can easily be impacted. It is also noteworthy that with the placement of the hose to draw water from the tank (the blue pex at the bottom middle end at the end of the tank I trust )....is that street side ? ......drawing the tank completely empty can be accomplished if the RV is level to tilted downward street side. Conversely, water (several gallons possibly) can be left in the tank if the RV is higher street side from level.

Also, the "downward dip" design in this area where the water from the tank is drawn by the pump, actually places the blue pex connection abit lower than the tank bottom it appears.......nice !

Now all this said, it certainly is possible that different GDRV units may have different configurations but I suspect your 315 is common even with the multitude of tank sizes and dimensions.

Thanks, again, Howard.

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                      ....is that street side ?
                      Yes, street side.

I agree with your conclusions. (If we're missing something Rob will set us straight!)

Comment

Working...
                      X