City water/fresh tank fill valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City water/fresh tank fill valve

Just purchased a 2018 grand design imagine 2600rb. When I hook up city water and turn the blue valve to city water it is filling my fresh water tank. Someone said this may be caused by the fresh water pump? Is there a way to reset the valve or do I need to replace the valve?

Just to clarify. You do have the pump turned off while trying to access city water? Right?

I so, iIt sure sounds like a valve failure. I'd try this first.

1. Turn off the city water and disconnect the fresh water hose.
    2. Make sure the pump is turned off.
    3. Open a hot and cold faucet and bleed off any water pressure in the system.
    4. Rotate the blue valve fully towards the city water side.
    5. Close the faucet handles you opened in step 3.
    6. Reattach the city water hose and turn on the city water valve at the pedestal.
    7. Listen and look to see if water is still flowing to the fresh tank. If it is, then the valve is suspect.
    8. If no water is flowing to the tank, then open some faucets in the RV to verify good city water pressure.

Note: Never turn the knobs on the Nautilus panel when the system is under pressure. Always turn the city water off before rotating the knobs.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

In the photo it's pointed to "Fresh Tank Fill" - not to "City Water."

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

We looked at an Imagine when they first came out and there was no gravity fill port on the side, the only way to fill the fresh water was the City-Fill valve. Later models had a gravity fill port added so I consider the valve to be redundant and unnecessary, and using the gravity fill is faster. If mine ever screws up I'll re-work the plumbing to eliminate it.
        2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Working...
        X