On demand hot water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On demand hot water tank

We have a reflection 320MKS want to take out the old tank and put in on demand hot water where is the electrical and the access for the plumbing located looking for a schematic

Originally posted by Ram2018 View Post
    We have a reflection 320MKS want to take out the old tank and put in on demand hot water where is the electrical and the access for the plumbing located looking for a schematic
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

GD does not have, or provide, what I'd call a "schematic". What they do have is what they identify as "plans". It's a generic outline of what's in the camper, but not exactly where or identified by a color (like a wire).

Customer Service will email you copies of the plans upon verification of your VIN. They'll be open tomorrow. (Google "Grand Design Customer Service" for their phone number.)

Even if you do get the plans, take them with a grain of salt. The electrical for my 315RLTS is not accurate. The distribution panel circuits and light layout do not match what is actually in my trailer.

Sorry I don't have better news to pass along.

FYI, here's how I outlined the power in my 315 so I knew circuit-to-component/outlet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlets.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	20196

Good luck with your project. If you're so inclined, take lots of pictures and share your install with the forum upon completion. We all learn from each other!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We had our 12-gallon heater swapped for a Suburban Nautilus on demand heater by our dealer before we took delivery (Suburban does not sell the unit for self install), and have been happy with the decision. We can go from taking a shower, to doing dishes, to taking a shower without having to wait for the heater tank to refill. I don't have anything to compare it to but don't feel that the propane usage is excessive; we can go a month on one tank if we aren't using the furnace. Our controller did go out after 18 months (made for some interesting showers), but was replaced under warranty. One thing to know is that you must have a minimum flow of 1/2 gallon per minute for the heater to kick in, was only a problem at one park and switching to our pump took care of it. For maintenance, the heater needs to be flushed once a year to remove hard water build up.

If we had to do it again, we would.

Forgot to mention that Suburban does not recommend using on demand heater for camp showers, the kind where you turn the water off while lathering up.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X