Hot Water Heater Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water Heater Not Working

Went to bed with hot water and woke up with no hot water...not by gas or electric...any suggestions????

Originally posted by Diesellake View Post
    Went to bed with hot water and woke up with no hot water...not by gas or electric...any suggestions????
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Diesellake.

What year and model GD do you own?

Any other symptoms (or circuits) in the trailer not working?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Good morning and welcome to the technical forum.

A few questions to help us get you pointed in the correct direction.

1. What make and model of water heater do you have? If you aren't certain, does it have a plastic drain plug or a metal drain plug?
      2. Are you running on city water or are you dry camping (using the pump)?
      3. Do you have water pressure on the hot water side of your faucets?
      4. Can you verify that both the gas and electric water heater switches are turned on?
      5. On your main panel, is there a DSI fault illuminated?

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Diesellake View Post
        I just noticed where this was originally posted so moved to the Plumbing channel, too. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...er-not-working
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I've had this happen twice ,everybody tells me this can't be the cause but I found a video on line . If I bleed the air out of the tank using the pop off , the water heater quits working on gas and electric .If i bleed it through a faucet I'm OK .

Comment

It fills it too full , it heats up once then shuts down . You can't just open a faucet then , you have to drain some water out , some kind of a pressure safeguard .

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
              I've had this happen twice ,everybody tells me this can't be the cause but I found a video on line . If I bleed the air out of the tank using the pop off , the water heater quits working on gas and electric .If i bleed it through a faucet I'm OK .
              That can be a real issue. Bleeding air out from the pop off will get rid of the air space which is required in these units.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
              X