Water on bedroom floor - 2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffbacon View Post
    So we just purchased a Reflection 367BHS. We have had a soaked carpet in our bedroom for the past two weeks around the floor heater vent. This floor heater vent is attached to the same un-insulated metal duct in the underbelly, that also has vents in the storage area. We can shut off the A/C during the day and use a fan to dry our the carpet, but the next morning it is soaked again. My theory is that now that the humidity here in Georgia is real bad, the vent area is simply sweating profusely. The problem is, if this is really the cause, there might not be an easy fix.
    Jeff,
    First--welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

The "floor heater vent" you're referencing--is it a round vent at the base of the wall, opposite the bathroom? Unlikely that's causing the issue IMO. If water is coming from that area there could be a plumbing leak.

Regardless of where the water is coming from, I urge you to make an appt with your dealer ASAP to find the problem and get it fixed. Water is the #1 enemy of RVs. Be (nicely) persistent that this get looked at right away. If your dealer can't (or won't) take care of it call Grand Design Customer Service. (Phone # in "business card" on this forum's home page.)

Howard

Last edited by howson; 06-24-2020, 11:53 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post

I'm having a little trouble following your reasoning here. I think your talking about condensation, but not sure where your seeing the temperature difference that would cause that much water to collect. I have never spent a lot of time in areas with really high humidity, but if your getting enough water to soak the carpet I'm thinking there must be another source.
      I agree.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Thanks for alerting us to the possibility of shower leaks. We have a new 2020 377MBS-R with the same bedroom & bath configuration. We were only in it for 2 weeks before closing it up for the summer, and leaving it on our campsite site. We also have the stacked Splendide washer/dryer In the closet. BTY, which gray tank does the washer dump into? Anyway, now we know to look at how well the shower door is sealed.
        Doug & Barb
        2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
        2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
        No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
        Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
          ...which gray tank does the washer dump into?
          You'll have to check with Grand Design Customer Service to validate for your specific unit, but according to a drawing from 2017 the washer drains into the shower (bathroom) gray.

Have you read this thread about "smelly water" in the Splendide drain line? If not--please check it out: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...f-smelly-water

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X