No announcement yet.

2021 GD Transcend 221RB toilet clog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same issue with a 2021 transcend 221rb. Does anyone know how deep the bw tank is? My inlet pipe from the toilet is 3.5 to 4 inches from the bottom of the tank. Once it is 1/3 full everything solid has to sit in the pipe. I would think the pipe should be at 8" from the bottom of tank.
    2021 Grand Design Transcend 221RB
    2018 f150 4x4

Comment

we have a 2020 solitude 372wb used twice (2 people) we use plenty of water . Toilet plugs if you run lots of water after use .If you shut the water off and hold flush peddle about ten minutes it drains clear .I then pour a 2 gallon bucket of water in and it goes down fast and sounds hollow .this has happened twice in two days .after two or three uses .can't figure out .

Comment

Russell Welcome to the family and the forum!

I'm not sure what your issue could be based on your description. If it was a clog it would be more likely to manifest with the two gallons of water being dumped. I don't really know what to tell you. I tried to find a pic or two of the basement showing the plumbing but couldn't. If you fill the bowl up and then dump the bowl, does it burp air?

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

The black water flush valve clearly states to not run water in it with the black water gate closed- states seals might get broken- If I let the black water tank drain for 10-15 minutes, it will show empty, but show 2/3's full with 4 or 5 flushes- the whole thing is annoying- I'd love to add some water to it w/ the black water flush- the tank is vented, so I am not totally sure I understand the warning, unless they covering there rear end if someone over fills the tank. I'd love to put 5 gallons of water in as a starting point- that seems intelligent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SnelCal View Post
            The black water flush valve clearly states to not run water in it with the black water gate closed- states seals might get broken- If I let the black water tank drain for 10-15 minutes, it will show empty, but show 2/3's full with 4 or 5 flushes- the whole thing is annoying- I'd love to add some water to it w/ the black water flush- the tank is vented, so I am not totally sure I understand the warning, unless they covering there rear end if someone over fills the tank. I'd love to put 5 gallons of water in as a starting point- that seems intelligent to me.
            You understand the situation and reason for the warning perfectly. You'll be fine adding 5 gallons with the gate valve closed. Just don't walk away with the water running and gate valve closed...you may get distracted and forget...don't ask me how I know. (Thankfully I caught it in time but it was WAY beyond 5 gallons!)

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

SnelCal

I am not sure where you found the information that "seals might get broken" by filling the black tank with the flush connection. The caution about only flushing the black tank with the gate valve open has to do with not forgetting that it is filling the black tank. I have always put 10 gallons of water back into the black tank after flushing and closing the gate valve. I use a garden hose flow meter to make sure that I do this accurately. As discussed on several other threads, having water in the black tank for the solids to drop into is the key to avoiding black tank problems.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                SnelCal

I am not sure where you found the information that "seals might get broken" by filling the black tank with the flush connection. The caution about only flushing the black tank with the gate valve open has to do with not forgetting that it is filling the black tank. I have always put 10 gallons of water back into the black tank after flushing and closing the gate valve. I use a garden hose flow meter to make sure that I do this accurately. As discussed on several other threads, having water in the black tank for the solids to drop into is the key to avoiding black tank problems.

Rob
                Page 108 of the Transcend Owners Manual, Rob, has a statement about the valve but I couldn't find any reference to a "seal". SnelCal -- if you understand how the system works and why the statement below is in the manual (because some owner WILL walk away with the water running and the gate closed) you'll be fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	108.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	61096
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X