No announcement yet.

2021Solitude 310GK bathroom faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Chance -- can you help Shredder? DarnDave ? Crespro ?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Second Chance -- can you help Shredder? DarnDave ? Crespro ?
      To borrow from an old joke (which I won't tell here), "frayed knot." I didn't bother trying to disassemble the waterfall faucet - just replaced it outright. I think I linked it previously, but here's what we used (matched the style in the rest of the rig the best):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can tell you that, almost three years of full-time use later, it's still working well.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Shredder View Post

This is my problem but what o-ring on the waterfall faucet? Mine spit and then basically stopped flowing. I have taken apart the top but you can’t get inside the waterfall part. It barely trickles any water. Good pressure is confirmed in the water line up to the faucet. It seems totally blocked but?? It is the first use of this faucet. Anybody?

2022 3540GK-R
        This is most likely “construction debris” in the water line blocking the flow to the faucet. This is not an uncommon problem in a new trailer. If you want to keep the original fixture, remove it and blow it out with compressed air backwards and forwards. You may not even need any tools . . . often all connections are hand tightened. As mentioned earlier in this thread, there are many better quality faucets that will be a direct replacement, from any Home Depot or similar.

Rob

Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks. No debris was in the lines. It seems to have blockage just inside where the water comes out on the faucet itself. You can’t even access it taking it apart. This is a really poor design faucet to go on a mostly amazing 5th wheel.
          Thanks for the help! Bill

Comment

Shredder

Since your trailer is still under warranty, if you contact Grand Design Customer Service and explain the issue and what you have done already to try and solve the problem . . . they might send you a new faucet assembly.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Shredder

Since your trailer is still under warranty, if you contact Grand Design Customer Service and explain the issue and what you have done already to try and solve the problem . . . they might send you a new faucet assembly.

Rob
              I already did that and a new one is on the way. When I asked if the one being sent would be a different/better design then I was told they replace with the exact one they come with new. Makes no sense to me when an obvious poor design leads to issues for many customers. I’ll try the new one and if it is a bad experience then I’ll just buy something else.

Comment

Last season we had a decent flow. This season - a dribble. No problem with the kitchen faucet - just bathroom waterfall, err waterdrip. Just started a long trip - no box stores anywhere (no grocery stores either) and my experience with plumbing means replacing more than I intended too. There must be a clogged flow restrictor in it but I can't see where unless it is inside the faucet itself.
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
                2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Have you tried to remove the faucet and bench test it? Able to visually check inlets and any screens. Able to connect to a higher pressure water source. Able to blow out with compressed air. I suspect it may be hard water build up and you may need to soak the faucet in a lime desolver.
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                  Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

On the road in a place with no hardware or box stores anywhere close. I don't want to break anything without being able to source a replacement or parts - so staying with low flow for now. I suspect calcium deposits as my two Renator gauges were plugged up also. It's an unbranded waterfall faucet and have no clue how to take it apart - looking for source documentation but there are no brand markings.
                    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
                    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Working...
                    X