Leaking under Kitchen Sink underbelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking under Kitchen Sink underbelly

Last night was a cold one. Solid 21 degrees. My daughter is visiting and staying in my camper. She left the kitchen sink on to drip overnight. When she woke up the kitchen sink was full and water was dripping along the entire front step side. it was dripping from everywhere and the red and blur tubes under kitchen sink area. electric water heater was on all; night. I connected drain lines and drained grey tanks. But they didnt seem to be full. Am I screwed with frozen piping break under there somewhere? She had furnace running all night. 2020 imagine 3000bhq
    Last edited by cjsurette; 12-01-2020, 09:33 AM. Reason: added tags

Originally posted by cjsurette View Post
    Last night was a cold one. Solid 21 degrees. My daughter is visiting and staying in my camper. She left the kitchen sink on to drip overnight. When she woke up the kitchen sink was full and water was dripping along the entire front step side. it was dripping from everywhere and the red and blur tubes under kitchen sink area. electric water heater was on all; night. I connected drain lines and drained grey tanks. But they didnt seem to be full. Am I screwed with frozen piping break under there somewhere? She had furnace running all night. 2020 imagine 3000bhq
    This will probably be a tough one to understand so we can give you a definitive answer.

My first thought would be that the gray tank overfilled and backed up into the sink. The kitchen sink drain system in your 3000QB is vented with an anti-siphon valve (air admittance valve) and not a vent to the roof. Once the drain system over-flowed, gray water likely spilled out of the valve and caused the flooding. When you drained the gray tank, did the water back up in the sink go away? In a perfect world, that valve would have sealed and not allowed water to leak, but those valves fail very easily.

Now, you'll need to mitigate any potential water damage. Towel dry any water you can find, and consider running a dehumidifier to dry the area out.

In the future, I'd recommend that you NOT allow a faucet to drip during freezing temps. I'd fill up the fresh holding tank and run off the pump. After filling the holding tank, disconnect any outside hoses so they don't freeze. Your Imagine is designed to allow warm air from the furnace to heat the underbelly and prevent freezing of the tanks and plumbing. As long as you're running the furnace, you should be okay unless you get down to very low temperatures.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X