Kitchen sink faucet sprayer replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen sink faucet sprayer replacement

I’ve poked around but haven’t been able to find out if this sprayer head (only) can be removed and replaced with either a better model or a new oem replacement (button is jacked up)
    of the same thing. Please advise. Thanks in advance. See pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	FB20563C-CE28-495E-BC0F-E735C7AACB63.jpeg
Views:	1093
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	43168
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

You mean this part?
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/51217

(I found this by clicking on the Parts Lookup (External Link) in the Forum header.

It's most likely a standard water tap. You could replace with most anything you want.
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Yes but I’m asking about replacing only the sprayer end, if that is feasible or not.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
        Yes but I’m asking about replacing only the sprayer end, if that is feasible or not.
        Not sure if this will help? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...y-2019-315rlts

I can tell you that when I did the project shown in that linked post, I found it was just as expensive to replace the sprayer as the entire faucet. I had the DW pick out a new faucet. (She was happy!)

Howard
        Last edited by howson; 03-22-2024, 05:26 PM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hey thanks Howard, appreciate you responding. I’m thinking that what your DW said is the way to go so I guess we are going shopping. Tks again.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
            Hey thanks Howard, appreciate you responding. I’m thinking that what your DW said is the way to go so I guess we are going shopping. Tks again.
            Something else I remembered--the plumbing parts didn't align properly. From that project long ago...

I took the sprayer head to Lowes and discovered a replacement is nearly $40. Shoot--for $100 I can get a brand new, just-what-the-wife-wants residential model. Of course I grab the bright shiny chrome version only to discover when I get home I need the brushed aluminum one. Back to Lowes.

Round two. I get the new faucet installed in the countertop and...nothing connects together. There's a 1/2"(?) plastic nut on the camper and a 3/8"(?) nut on the faucet's water lines. Houston, we have a problem. Back to Lowes.

Round three. I get shutoff valves (also something the DW wanted) with nipple adapters. Yea, this should be easy! Get it together and it leaks like a son-of-a-gun. I take it back apart and then notice the threaded nipple provided with the shutoff valve has tapered threads on one side and straight threads on the other. Naturally, both the faucet and the water lines need tapered threads. Off to the local plumbing supply store.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lines.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	43201
            I also found where Cate&Rob first told me about these threads and when to use tape (I'd forgotten): Tapered threads are "pipe" threads and seal by the friction fit getting tighter as the parts are assembled. Sometimes teflon tape helps these but won't do anything for the straight threads.

What I'd do now (since I now know how to work with pex) is replace the OEM's connectors on the water lines with connectors that will connect to the residential faucet without all the adapters. You might consider installing the shutoffs while you're doing this work, too. Convenient to have them under the sink.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              What I'd do now (since I now know how to work with pex) is replace the OEM's connectors on the water lines with connectors that will connect to the residential faucet without all the adapters. You might consider installing the shutoffs while you're doing this work, too. Convenient to have them under the sink.
              DA attack.... Why did I put mine in the left storage compartment under the kitchen??? Now I gotta go back under and fix it, but I wasn't happy with the bend at the back corner anyway.
              Last edited by howson; 02-19-2021, 01:33 PM. Reason: trimmed quote
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                Something else I remembered--the plumbing parts didn't align properly. From that project long ago...
                Hey, lots of very helpful info, much thanks, lots to think about. Hope you know how valuable your contributions are to many people.
                Last edited by howson; 02-19-2021, 01:32 PM.
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                X