No announcement yet.

Accumulator Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I’m going to install a fresh water pressure expansion tank under the dining bench seat where the pump is installed. Seems like a good spot. I think I’m going with a 2 gallon tank. I don’t have much piping to work with on the discharge of the pump before it disappears through the insulation foam. I’m looking for fitting suggestions for a “T” or just adding a male connection hose on the fitting that’s there? Pictures attached. Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Sully

The preferred installation of these tanks is vertical with water connection at the bottom . . . but, it does not have to be this way. I ran a horizontal tank on my boat for years with no problems. Connecting to the soft flex hose can be complicated. Grand Design uses Pex fittings and crimp rings, but these are prone to developing leaks. The correct fittings for the hose are barbed hose fittings and hose clamps.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I used the hose assembly from a pump silencing kit instead of making one. Since my accumulator is behind the false wall in the basement, I added an air hose extension to bring charge valve access out into the basement so I don't have to open the false wall for access to the valve.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback. Sure would like to use the space under the dining table bench but that limits me to about a 10 - 11” length tank to allow for pipe / tubing & fittings. Seems like most of the 2 gallon tanks are around 13. I’ll figure it out. Any tank will be better than what I have now. Lol

Comment

Ideally you can put the tank almost anywhere in the system. You could probably run the tank under the sink if needed.

As Rob stated ran one horizontal without issue.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X