Drain pipe replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain pipe replacement

I have a 2020 GD Momentum. During the recent freeze the 3 inch drain pipe coming out of kitchen froze and burst. I cut the pipe off at the two elbows leaving about an inch sticking out of elbows. How do I get the glued part of the pipe out of elbows. I tried blow dryer for 30 minutes on one and made zero difference. The manufacturer uses a yellow colored glue to connect the joints. How do I remove this from the elbows.

Originally posted by MAL View Post
    I have a 2020 GD Momentum. During the recent freeze the 3 inch drain pipe coming out of kitchen froze and burst. I cut the pipe off at the two elbows leaving about an inch sticking out of elbows. How do I get the glued part of the pipe out of elbows. I tried blow dryer for 30 minutes on one and made zero difference. The manufacturer uses a yellow colored glue to connect the joints. How do I remove this from the elbows.
    Usually there is no way to remove glued together plastic pipe. I think you will need to go to the hardware store and get some new parts , sorry.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Use rubber couplings to install a length of pipe.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

MAL

That “yellow coloured glue” is solvent glue . . . meaning that it dissolves the surface of the ABS pipe and fitting to achieve the bond. These parts are never coming apart.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here is a link to some Fernco couplers that can be used to re-connect PVC plumbing.

https://www.google.com/search?client...client=gws-wiz

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
            Here is a link to some Fernco couplers that can be used to re-connect PVC plumbing.

https://www.google.com/search?client...client=gws-wiz

Jim
            Wouldn't it be fantastic if these Fernco's were used on both sides of our dump valves (to connect the valve to the dump line)? The valve would be much easier to replace.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson Now Howard you know common sense and ease of repair have nothing to do with manufacturing. Why make it easy to repair when they can make it almost impossible.

They also make plastic unions and flange fittings. Again, ease of repair has nothing to do with manufacturing. To quote an old expression "looks good from my porch".
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X