Fresh tank overflow??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh tank overflow??

2019 Reflection BHTS. Just filled the fresh water tank to sanitize. Noticed after that the underbelly was full of water, took down a piece of the coroplast and let the water drain. Did not see any water coming out of the overflow though. Is it possible the tank was overflowing but not through the drain? Don’t see any noticeable leak.

Maybe a loose inlet fitting.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I agree with the loose fitting. The drain may also be loose. Drop enough of the coroplast to check out the area just above the drain , this is where the overflow pipe connects as well.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So I haven’t had a chance to take down the coroplast yet. But, the leak continued all day. I confirmed its not from the grey or black tanks as I drained them completely. Also its not on the pump side as there is no loss in pressure at all. Must be from the fresh water tank. Last night the tank level was 3/4, this morning was 1/4 ....

Comment

Pitt1913
          If the water is coming out the overflow, there have been multiple reports of a siphon action in this down tube continuing to drain the tank by sucking in the floor and top of the tank. If the water is still going into the underbelly . . . this is looking more like a split or punctured tank, or possibly a loose connection where the drain valve threads into the bottom of the tank.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob, the water is not coming out of the overflow. I will drop the coroplast this evening and inspect the tank. I am fearing the tank damaged. Hopefully I can get a replacement fairly easily and swap it out.

Comment

Finally dropped the water tank. Turns out that the screw used to secure the sewer hose carrier was run right into the tank. At some point the screw came out and started leaking. Luckily I was able to plastic weld the hole and didn’t have to replace the tank. We’ll see if GD will pay for the repair.

Comment

Working...
              X