Broken Tank need valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
    ...did you try interchanging a 3" dump valve from the two brands as well? Your post only mentioned the 1.5", but maybe you tried both with the same result.​​​​​​​
    Valid question--it was the 1.5" version I compared.

In the OPs shoes what I'd be trying to figure out with the new tank is how to install a valvewith the intent on making future replacement of the valve easy.

The way GD glued one half of my 1.5" valve directly to the bathroom gray makes it difficult, if not impossible, to replace the whole assembly without replacing the tank, too. Definitely not assembled with servicing in mind, that's for sure.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here is a little follow up on the project.
      The black tank valve was a 3" LaSalle Bristol. The tank was a HT176B 42GAL TANK.
      I bought a full valve before starting the project and used the new one for parts. Although this project was a Zero out of the 0-10 fun scale. It was easier than expected but still a large chore.
      Using the parts from the new valve aloud me to glue up a new connection on the tank. I used old tank to measure all the holes and transfer to the new tank. Probably a 4-5 hour job, faster if you have done it before.
      The old tank failure has me concerned about the new tank. Kinda surprised that it was still in place with how bad the break was.
      Attached Files
      Josh & Cameo
      2019 Reflection 31MB
      2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

If not, BarberArias can you perhaps try installing a 3" Valterra valve on the Bristol flange, and report back? I'm sure a few of us would be interested in that information, myself included. I hope that ask doesn't cause the job to be any more dirty for you
        I have ordered both Valterra and Bristol parts so I would have both on hand when starting the project. To find out the flanges from Bristol fit on the Valterea valve.
        Josh & Cameo
        2019 Reflection 31MB

Comment

BarberArias
          Hi Josh,

Thanks for the update. It looks like the flange tore off, that the tank hangs from when installed ! At some point, Grand Design went to additional support straps under the tanks . . . did you have these? I just couldn't bring myself to hit "like" on your post #17 . . . but, it is very informative.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            BarberArias

At some point, Grand Design went to additional support straps under the tanks . . . did you have these?

Rob
            No, we added strapping to the new tank. GD also doesn't use the drain side of the tanks flange for support. This is the side that the tanks crack looks like it started. Hopefully the new strapping with a better quality tank does the job.
            Josh & Cameo
            2019 Reflection 31MB

Comment

Working...
            X