Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help locating PEX tee fitting for water pressure gauge

Hi Gang

I want to add a water pressure gauge under my bathroom sink by teeing into the cold water line. I know I need a tee with 1/2" PEX fittings but the fitting for water pressure gauge is throwing me off. WAY too many acronyms for the thread types available. GHT, NPT, MHT, MNPT, NPTF, MNH...sheesh

My water pressure gauge has a female 3/4" "Garden Hose Thread" (GHT?) so I need a male GHT thread for the 3rd side of the tee.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 1.30.09 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	55754

I can't seem to find one on the Home Depot, Lowes or Amazon websites. Can anybody share a link for what I'm looking for?

This is close but the hose fitting is only 1/2" and I don't think the thread type is correct.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 1.44.10 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	181.6 KB ID:	55755

Thanks
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

I use this outside .... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Brian

I would just use a standard pex T , a short piece of pex sticking strait out , pex to npt adaptor , a pressure gage with npt strait out of the back.

The other Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

bertschb the garden hose end does complicate the installation--looks like you'll need a couple of adapters to get from 1/2" pex to the "GHT" (garden hose) threads. Brian's idea is an easy way to go about it, too.

Or just get a gauge with a different adapter. A good one that doesn't bounce (like my cheapee) and is easy to connect to pex.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-1...MT12/305454320

1/2" x 3/4" threaded brass bushing

3/4' FIPT x male hose bibb.

FIPT .....Female Iron Pipe Thread

That will work with your gauge.

If you could find a 1/2" barbed tee with a 1/4" female you could discard the hose bibb fitting on that gauge.
          Last edited by J & J Bumblebee; 05-29-2021, 07:45 PM.
          John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
          2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
          ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
          2017 Jayco 26BH
          2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            I would just use a standard pex T , a short piece of pex sticking strait out , pex to npt adaptor , a pressure gage with npt strait out of the back.
            Thanks for the reply Brian. That's a good idea.

My pressure gauge is female garden hose thread. It screws onto a regular outdoor faucet. That's different than NPT, right? Wouldn't I need a 1/2" PEX to 3/4" male garden hose thread (GHT) adaptor?
            Brian & Kellie
            2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
            2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
            2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
            2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Yes , 1/2" pex to 3/4 male garden hose will do the trick. Take the gage to the store and check the fitting , I have found plenty of fittings in the wrong box at the stores.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

bertschb If that's a picture of you actual gauge, then you can ditch the water hose end and go with a tee that has a FPT (female pipe thread) in the appropriate size (that looks about 1/4" or air hose sized fittings)

GHT = Garden Hose Thread (?)
                NPT = National Pipe Thread
                MHT = Male Hose Thread
                MNPT = Male National Pipe Thread
                NPTF = National Pipe Thread Female FNPT also used for this one
                MNH = ??? you got me.

I might have slept at a Holiday Inn, just not recently.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

OK, after spending probably FOUR hours trying to find the combination of fittings that would enable me to simply connect a stinking water pressure gauge to a PEX line, I finally found this on the Home Depot website: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-1...1234/305454364

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 9.53.40 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	822.9 KB ID:	55878
                  This will actually allow me to shut the water off if the gauge fails or leaks so it's actually a better solution than I was initially looking for.

Thank you all for your feedback. I really do appreciate all the input. I actually enjoy working with PEX but it seems everything else I try to do with plumbing ends up like this "project". I want to do something that seems simple to me but it ends up being a major effort that takes forever. It usually involves spending half a day driving to hardware stores where the staff hands me a cart full of plumbing adapters to accomplish what in my mind should be a single item. Man I h*te plumbing! So frustrating.
                  Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Working...
                  X