GD 2670MK Water Heater Bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD 2670MK Water Heater Bypass

I have looked on this forum and can't seem to find any info where the bypass valves are for the water heater on the 2670MK. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi gdimagine--welcome to the forum.

Page 96 of the Imagine owner's manual (2021 version Rev 1) has a very good description along with pictures of the water heater bypass valve. You'll find a digital copy here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhBV.JPG
Views:	5006
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	55931

I hope you'll also take a minute or two to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Lots of info there to help you figure out this thing we call a "forum".

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Hi gdimagine--welcome to the forum.

Page 96 of the Imagine owner's manual (2021 version Rev 1) has a very good description along with pictures of the water heater bypass valve. You'll find a digital copy here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

Name:	WhBV.JPG
Views:	5006
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	55931

I hope you'll also take a minute or two to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Lots of info there to help you figure out this thing we call a "forum".

Howard
      Thank you, I already read that information. Unfortunately much of the information is generic. What I am asking is where are they valves actually located in my 2670MK? Where is access panel?

Comment

gdimagine

Where ever the water heater is on the outside the panel will be directly on the inside. It may be under the kitchen sink or behind the drawers in the cabinets maybe, all depends on where the heater is.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by gdimagine View Post

Thank you, I already read that information. Unfortunately much of the information is generic. What I am asking is where are they valves actually located in my 2670MK? Where is access panel?
          Sorry 'bout that--misinterpreted your question.

As Brian stated, right behind the water heater.

On the 2670MK the WH is in the back rear (street side) of the camper.

Name:	water heater.JPG
Views:	1145
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	55966

This may be a panel that allows access? I'm not 100% familiar with the 2670MK's interior but this is where the WH is located.

Name:	Panel.JPG
Views:	988
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	55967

Howard

P.S. Please take a few pics and post them once you figure this out!

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Well, I figured out access point. Take out bottom drawer on desk. Simple. To those that are not familiar with spring loaded hinges. Push one lever up and the opposite lever down and the drawer comes out very easy. Also, your slide will have to be fully extended. Thanks to all those that replied.

Comment

gdimagine Welcome to the family and the technical forum!
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

This post is a year old, but very similar to my question - now that I know where the water heater is, I need to figure out how to get at the back of it to test and change out the heater element.

I can't see any way that the panels either below the drawers or under the desk are removeable.

Is there any way to get at the back of that unit without cutting out panels or removing the entire heater through the outside of the camper?

Comment

Originally posted by tamathumper View Post
                  This post is a year old, but very similar to my question - now that I know where the water heater is, I need to figure out how to get at the back of it to test and change out the heater element.

I can't see any way that the panels either below the drawers or under the desk are removeable.

Is there any way to get at the back of that unit without cutting out panels or removing the entire heater through the outside of the camper?
                  What model of Grand Design do you have/

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The 2670MK, as indicated in the original post title.

Comment

Originally posted by tamathumper View Post
                      The 2670MK, as indicated in the original post title.
                      Post #6 above says they removed the drawers in the desk to gain access to the water heater.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes, thank you, but the heater is tightly packed in the space. While you can reach the valves to turn them, I don't think there is enough visibility or space to work under the tank to remove the element's access cover or extract the long heater element.

I'm hoping someone knows a trick to removing one or more of the desk panels, or if they can confirm for me that the heater does actually have to be removed from the camper completely to service the element.

Comment

tamathumper -- I can't help with access, but perhaps with the testing? What specific model of water heater is in your 2670MK? Once that's known perhaps there's a method to check the resistance of the element without removing the entire unit. (Which I suspect will be necessary to actually change the element.)

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I'm good with the test methods, just hoping beyond hope that there's a way to get at the darned thing without performing major surgery.

Comment

The panels will be stapled on the back side of the styles, frames, and could be easily pushed off but will probably damage the panels, and not sure how to reattach. Is it possible that there are screws somewhere on the desk that would allow the removal of the panels, front or back, I have done a "little" work on our RV and found that although it takes a little more work removing some extra items makes the job a little easier.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X