No hot water in grand design imagine 3000qb, Dometic heater GC6AA-10Ef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hot water in grand design imagine 3000qb, Dometic heater GC6AA-10Ef

I just dewinterized my camper and I can't get any hot water. The pilot light works fine, there are not fault lights and I'm running it off gas. I've tried resetting the breaker. It's just not heating any water. I get a couple of seconds of warm water in the kitchen faucet but none from the shower or bathroom faucet. I have about 10 gallons of water in the fresh water tank right now but had it up to half full - 25 gallons at one point and the water didn't heat then. The heater has been on for half an hour now.

Does anyone have any advice on how to trouble shoot this?

I'm dealing with this in real time while out camping so would appreciate quick responses. My cell number is 970.404.1947

DaveKiwi

Does the burner come on? Have you tried electric?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Are all the valves in correct positions? Is there water in the water heater? You can check by opening the pressure/temperature valve to see if water comes out.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

DaveKiwi

Do you have an outside shower with both valves open? This is an often missed "bypass" that pushes cold water into the hot water side of the plumbing.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

All valid suggestion in the above posts.

Reread the OP and realized you have ignition so what I mentioned below is not relevant. Time to stop half reading things and look for the delete button …

On my first trip out our thermo fuse failed when running in both electric and gas mode. Apparently they like to hang low and when hit with a gust of wind it blows the flame back and kicks out. The fuse appears fine but can be tripped. It is not something you can reset. Not recommending removing a safety, but, I removed/bypassed it and have been running fine since. My dealer gave me a replacement and I intend to relocate it so it isn’t in the direct line of fire. There are numerous posts on this site and others that discuss this. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...eck-thermofuse.
          Last edited by NLCgoneCamping; 06-15-2021, 10:47 PM.
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          2015 F150 EcoBoost with MaxTow

Comment

Working...
          X