Installing pressure gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogen2 View Post
    I am getting ready to install a water pressure gauge in my rig. I found a flush mount glycerin filled gauge with a rear mounted fitting that should work very well. I was concerned about the possibility of the liquid filled gauge freezing here in Canada but it appears glycerin freezes below -40 so hopefully it will be ok.

I will be running 2-3 feet of pex from a tee to the mounting location. I am wondering about the air that will be trapped in the line before the gauge. Will I get accurate pressure readings with air in the line or do I need to come up with a way to bleed this air off at the gauge?

Bob
    How do you plan to winterize the line feeding the gauge? My thought is maybe you want the gauge mounted at a T so you can drain it via plug or valve to let air in/water out.

I’ve never had good luck with water pressure gauges on our pool equipment or farm sprayers staying outside over the winter. Even when disconnected and shaken they still seem to freeze.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post

How do you plan to winterize the line feeding the gauge? My thought is maybe you want the gauge mounted at a T so you can drain it via plug or valve to let air in/water out.

I’ve never had good luck with water pressure gauges on our pool equipment or farm sprayers staying outside over the winter. Even when disconnected and shaken they still seem to freeze.
      I’m going to install a swivel connector behind the gauge so I can disconnect the pex line. That should allow the gauge to drain and the feed line to drain through the low point drain when I gravity drain the system before winterizing. And if necessary I could always just remove the gauge and plug the feed line.

Bob
      2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
      2018 Reflection 295RL

Comment

Got the pressure gauge installed and it turned out pretty well. Used a swivel fitting to connect the water line to the back of the gauge. When disconnected the lines drain completely so should have no issues when winterizing. Also added flexible pump lines and made a noise isolation platform for the pump while I was in there.

Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF472C60-3D35-4931-83B2-DFC7E70E27B3.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	58095
        Click image for larger version

Name:	B8BEEBAC-E3F3-42F1-8F12-C2F732EBBEC8.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	58096Click image for larger version

Name:	E0CDB9AB-B6E3-43FF-ACB8-86C213AC91AC.jpeg