Hot Water Tank Drain Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water Tank Drain Valve

Creating this post for my modifications thread. Big thanks to: Country Campers over on: https://gdrvowners.com/tools-parts-o...plumbing-parts

I did the same thing, purchased: https://www.amazon.com/Beduan-Chrome...4963771&sr=8-3 and installed it the other night.

It took me a while....the white mangled plug was a pain to get in or out as always. I followed Country Campers advise and removed the hand to install...was a very tight fit. I wanted it aligned perfectly so the hand would be facing up or I would not be able to turn it....that and I am not a great plumber....fat hands in a tight space....I probably spent 20 minutes or more trying to wrangle the valve into place. When I put the hand back on, I put it on 180 degrees twisted so that it would be easier for me to use. Have filled up since then and so far it is working great!

I have not had occasion to open the valve up once installed....but I can already tell this will be a lot easier in the future to drain the tank for winterization. Again, a big thanks to Country Campers for a great suggestion.

For ~$10 - this is a solid upgrade that is well worth it. Sometimes the cheap modifications are the best.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

bellis

Add a 6" long 1/2" pipe to your box of items , i found one amazon , this gets the water away from the pan on the water heater and clears the side of the RV. Yes the valve was a small pain to get into position but it is a lot easier to drain the tank and no more mangled plastic plugs.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      bellis

Add a 6" long 1/2" pipe to your box of items , i found one amazon , this gets the water away from the pan on the water heater and clears the side of the RV. Yes the valve was a small pain to get into position but it is a lot easier to drain the tank and no more mangled plastic plugs.

Brian
      Oooh...I very much like the sound of that. You use it when draining? Not permanently installed?
      2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

bellis

Yes only when draining. Just screw it on by hand and drain , when done remove. It does not have to be super tight or sealed on.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

bellis

Yes only when draining. Just screw it on by hand and drain , when done remove. It does not have to be super tight or sealed on.

Brian
          Care to share your amazon link? I did a search or two....but may end up running to Lowe's unless you can find yours.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

I found it Amazon.com: Horiznext stainless steel 304 pipe nipple npt 1/2 male threaded cast fitting, 6 inches length tube sleeve extension connector, schedule 40 conduit hose adapter: Home Improvement

A plastic one would do fine as well. The 6" length works to get it away from the side.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks! That is much appreciated.
              2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Thanks again for the link - picked one up and added to my hose/plumbing bag.
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                X