Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    bellis

There is much folklore in the world of RVs . . . the value of an inlet water pressure regulator is one of these things. Once the water passes the inlet check valve, the inlet pressure regulator has no affect. In the usual process of connecting the water hose and then turning on the water heater, a system water pressure gauge will show a pressure rise due to water heating of beyond 70 psi. If the air cushion in the water heater has been absorbed into the water, the pressure relief valve will often pop open . . . this happens at 140 psi.

Other than protecting the inlet hose from the very unusual situation of high campground water pressure, the pressure regulator is doing nothing for the RV. For those who put the pressure regulator at the RV end of the hose, it is doing absolutely nothing other than adding a flow restriction.

Rob
    Interesting...I probably still would put it out there....I noticed you didn't give me a figure for coming and replumbing my rig /smile
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

Interesting...I probably still would put it out there....I noticed you didn't give me a figure for coming and replumbing my rig /smile
      You are not the first to ask . . . LOL!

The idea of sorting out the plumbing is intimidating, but if you have the time each step is not that difficult. If you are planning on keeping the trailer for a while, this is a project that is well worth the effort (in my opinion). The project inevitably leads to fixing and improving other things along the way (like sorting out the rat's nest of wiring) but at the end, you know where everything is and that everything is as it should be.

No more laying there at night listening for dripping water or waiting for a hose to blow (see picture from 3 AM one night . . before I rebuilt everything).

From reading your posts, I sense that fixing all this is in your future . Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you take this on. Several on this forum have bin-ther-dun-that.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3845.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	63165
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X