Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking drain valve

Hi

I needed to replace the kitchen faucet in my 2020 Solitude 377. Wanting to minimize the amount of water spilled in the kitchen I opened both drain valves in the wet bay after I shut if the water at the spigot.

The faucet installation went well but when I turned the water back on the cold water drain valve would not shut completely no matter what position the handle was in. I popped the handle off and slid the guts of the valve out for inspection. There were no obvious defects, but there was a thin coating of some sort of a lubricant or sealant.

I’m wondering whether the lubricant has degraded being as this is the first time I’ve used the valves in the two years I’ve owned the rig.

Can anyone tell me what the lubricant is so that I can apply a new coat to the valve stem and hopefully be able to turn my water back on?

Thanks

Are you talking about the valve that is under the trailer? Those get a bunch of road derby and maybe worth just replacing with a new one but you can always try a little food grade grease that you can buy on Amazon.
    Josh & Cameo
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Comment

I think Srgreer is talking about the low point drain valve. Never pulled one apart, but suspect that there may be O-rings involved. If the valve has not been operated in two years, the O-ring may have lost it's resilience, stuck to the valve stem on opening, or be torn. I would like at replacing the O-rings, and would do the same on the hot water low point drain valve. I would also consider if it would just be easier and less stressful if plan A, B, or C doesn't work to replace the two valves.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Srgreer View Post
        Hi

There were no obvious defects, but there was a thin coating of some sort of a lubricant or sealant.

I’m wondering whether the lubricant has degraded being as this is the first time I’ve used the valves in the two years I’ve owned the rig.

Can anyone tell me what the lubricant is so that I can apply a new coat to the valve stem and hopefully be able to turn my water back on?

Thanks
        Not certain what GDRV or the valve manufacturer uses but most of have used this for years and it works well.

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
        X