Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Heater Bypass Not Working--What Am I Doing Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sjlava450 View Post
    Getting water flow. Fusion heater not turning on.
    The manual has a list of possible causes -- have you worked through each step? As Brian suggested, checking the propane is both the first and second step. (Hint: does the stove top light?)

Manual can be downloaded here from Furrion's website: https://cdn.accentuate.io/4486627065...9835638826.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-16 180732.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	132242
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes. Both propane tanks are full. The stove lights and runs. I even disconnected and re-connected the propane bottles to see if the valve at the tank was the issue. Stove ran fine after that. Really scratching mt head on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjlava450 View Post
        Yes. Both propane tanks are full. The stove lights and runs. I even disconnected and re-connected the propane bottles to see if the valve at the tank was the issue. Stove ran fine after that. Really scratching mt head on this one.
        Does the thermostat respond to inputs? In other words, you can adjust the temperature and appear to turn the WH on and off?

What GD unit (year and model) do you have? When did the Furrion last work correctly?

Howard

P.S. I'll be traveling today, so further responses will be delayed. Other forum members will likely jump in the conversation.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

2024 310GK. Brand new. Got it home last Friday. The control in the bathroom has power but the heater does not respond to temp changes. It never lights off when requesting hot water. I also am running the hot side of the water in the sink and shower and adjusting the controller, the heater never lights off. We are hoping to go out on our maiden voyage the weekend. Getting everything tested and functional before we do. The water heater is the only system that is not functioning properly.

Comment

Sjlava450

There is a switch on the water heater outside, open cover panel, make sure this is on.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It's working. Opened the door inside the front storage bay and lo and behold the bypass valve revealed itself. Turned it to on, water filled the tank and the heater woks as advertised. Many thanks to all for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X