Imagine 2250RK Kitchen Holding Tank Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2250RK Kitchen Holding Tank Location

The Imagine 2250RK has a rear kitchen, and a second grey water holding tank for the kitchen. I'm trying to determine the dimensions and exact location with respect to the rear axles of this tank. It's important to understand where the tank is for weight distribution issues. (It's a 39 gal tank, so could hold 324 pounds of water.)

Welcome Jim! Nice to have you join us.

howson
    Cate&Rob
    Country Campers

Can any of you check your data packages we received last week and help Jim out with his question? I'm waiting for my data package in the mail.

Jim - one of these guys should be able to give you the measurement from the zero point of the trailer. The zero point is the point from the back of the trailer. It should get you within a 1/4" or so of the location you seek.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim! BTW, what's a "data package"? Is this something in addition to the documents you get when you purchase the trailer? I ask because nothing in those docs indicates anything about holding tank location.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim's Imagine 2250RK View Post
        Thanks Jim! BTW, what's a "data package"? Is this something in addition to the documents you get when you purchase the trailer? I ask because nothing in those docs indicates anything about holding tank location.
        The forum moderators (four of us) were at GDRV last week for technical training. We all received a book of drawings that we can use to answer questions like yours. They are proprietary, so we can't post them or release them, but we can use them to provide information as needed. Since I flew in, they are mailing the books to me. But the other guys drove and took theirs with them.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

The forum moderators (four of us) were at GDRV last week for technical training. We all received a book of drawings that we can use to answer questions like yours. They are proprietary, so we can't post them or release them, but we can use them to provide information as needed. Since I flew in, they are mailing the books to me. But the other guys drove and took theirs with them.

Jim
          Check your email, Jim.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Jim's Imagine 2250RK View Post
            The Imagine 2250RK has a rear kitchen, and a second grey water holding tank for the kitchen. I'm trying to determine the dimensions and exact location with respect to the rear axles of this tank. It's important to understand where the tank is for weight distribution issues. (It's a 39 gal tank, so could hold 324 pounds of water.)
            Your rear grey tank is right at the back of the RV. Looks to be positioned right at the end of the frame rails. All of your tanks are across the trailer , meaning length from street side to curb side. For your future reference your tanks are from the front , fresh , grey , black. These start right at the front of the box, there is a few inches in between the tanks.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

By the way , welcome to the group , glad to have you join us here.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian is correct about the location of the rear tank. It's right at the very back of the frame. The tank is 45 gallons and measures 29" x 57"x 8".

The next tank going forward is the black tank. The rear edge of the 45 gallon tank is in line with the trailing edge of the front spring hanger. This tank measures 57.5" x 29" x 8".

Next comes the gray tank for the bath. It's a duplicate of the one for the kitchen. It is approximately 3" in front of the black tank.

Finally, the 45 gallon fresh water tank is located approximately 8-1/8" from the leading edge of the gray tank. The dimensions of the fresh tank are 37" x 60" x 5-3/4".

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. Those books sound invaluable! What prompted my original inquiry was that I was checking out tongue weight and weight distribution. I was surprised when I dumped what was showed as 2/3 full from the kitchen (rear) tank. That should have been 200+ pounds, so dumping it should have increased tongue weight by approximately 100 pounds, yet my measurements showed a decrease of 10 pounds. Still confused about that.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X