Furrion Tankless Water Heater: Removal & Installation Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Tankless Water Heater: Removal & Installation Tips

Removal and Installation of the Furrion Tankless Water Heater is pretty straight forward. One good read through of the instructions should give you the gist of it. If you do find yourself in that position like I did, here are a couple of things that I learned in the process:

- The instructions recommend the use of Butyl Tape between the flanges of the WH and the siding of the trailer. Grand Design used expandable foam. In my opinion, either would work because you're going to calk the door, which will prevent water from seeping in. Foam might make it easier to remove later on, where butyl tape could be more of a hassle.

- When I removed the WH, I noticed that it tore the laminate flooring that GD uses to cover the floor. There are seven tiny bolts which fasten some of the parts to the base of the WH. They extend past the bottom of the unit. I used an angle grinder to shorten up the bolts a little. As a bonus, I ran two foam strips along the base of the WH as well. It made a BIG difference. The unit slid into place easily.

- I debated about adding this suggestion. It might just be my particular unit. The WH in the 31MB is right next to the Nautilus Panel. In my particular unit, there's a section of wood between the floor of the living space and the floor of the "basement." The wood made it difficult to access the propane connection to the WH. My wife had to crawl in there to loosen it. Going back in though, I just left WH out about an inch, to where I could fit a wrench between the back of the Nautilus Panel and the wooden support.
    Phil & Jenn | North Central WA
    2022 Reflection, 31MB (Pkg's: Power, Arctic, 2nd AC, Solar)
    2021 F350 Tremor, 6.7L Diesel, SRW

After the installation please have someone check for propane leak at the fitting, you can do this with some dish soap in a spray bottle of water if you are comfortable. I would also have someone check that the propane valve in the water heater is working correctly and not leaking. I just do not want you to have any issues.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the write up Phil. Now you can take a hot shower!!!

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X