This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water heater check valve or no check valve

Was wondering if GD could verify that my unit was or was not built with a check valve on the output of the hot water heater. I replaced the original part with a brass nipple as the OEM nipple (check valve) was leaking when i reassembled the plumbing. Wondering if I need to install a check valve.
    Thanks again.

2020 337RLS Reflection
    VIN 573FR3627L3327713
    Maureen and Mark
    Port Austin, Michigan/Phoenix Arizona
    2014 Ram, Laramie 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel
    2020 337RLS Reflection

Originally posted by marknuss710 View Post
    Was wondering if GD could verify that my unit was or was not built with a check valve on the output of the hot water heater. I replaced the original part with a brass nipple as the OEM nipple (check valve) was leaking when i reassembled the plumbing. Wondering if I need to install a check valve.
    Thanks again.

2020 337RLS Reflection
    VIN 573FR3627L3327713
    You'll have to call Customer Service, Mark, to get an answer from GD. Their phone # is on the home page, right side.

Looking back at the picture posted in post 8 I can't tell what was disconnected or from where. Please take another showing where that nipple was disconnected and, if not on the rear of the water heater, a shot of the rear of that appliance. If you have a check valve on the heater it will look like the picture in post #3.

I put your rig in the sig block--hope that was OK with you.

Also -- I'm going to copy these posts over to the other thread and close this one so the conversation stays in one place.

Howard

P.S. Readers who are curious that don't know where the other thread is go here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...t-no-hot-water
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X