Help with cleaning multiple black tanks on Momentum 351m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with cleaning multiple black tanks on Momentum 351m

My wife and I have a new Momentum 351m toy hauler. We are getting ready to take it camping on its' maiden voyage. It has a black tank for the front bathroom and a separate black tank for the half bath in the garage area. I have read and re-read the manual. With the primary black tank, when cleaning, you empty the tank, leave it open and then connect a hose from a spigot to the BLACK RINSE opening on the Nautilus system. You run it until the water coming from the black tank looks relatively clear. I am GOOD with those instructions but what do you do with the REAR black tank? How do you rinse that tank out? Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.
    Jay
    New Market, VA
    Momentum 351M being pulled by an F-350 SRW

Originally posted by jayconklinsr View Post
    My wife and I have a new Momentum 351m toy hauler. We are getting ready to take it camping on its' maiden voyage. It has a black tank for the front bathroom and a separate black tank for the half bath in the garage area. I have read and re-read the manual. With the primary black tank, when cleaning, you empty the tank, leave it open and then connect a hose from a spigot to the BLACK RINSE opening on the Nautilus system. You run it until the water coming from the black tank looks relatively clear. I am GOOD with those instructions but what do you do with the REAR black tank? How do you rinse that tank out? Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.
    If there is no flush on the rear, you'd either get a wand that goes on the end of the hose that you stick in the toilet, or there are aftermarket flush kits you can install on the tank. There's also a product that goes on the discharge pipe that you hook a hose to that will backfill the tank with water.

Valterra Flush King™ 45 Degree Reverse Flush Valve Attachment for RV, Camper, Trailer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008O9DV78...PZEN0JVQDRZVY1
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

The Momentum 351 drawings show that there is a flush system for the rear black tank. They do not show where this flush attachment is located. Perhaps another Momentum 351 owner will chime in here with more information. If you can find the vacuum break in this usually black braided hose (perhaps under a sink or in a closet near the rear bath?) you might be able to trace that hose to the flush attachment point.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

OffToHavasu

Curtis is there a black tank flush on the rear half bath? If so where is it.

Thanks

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

jayconklinsr Welcome to the family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

The flush for the rear black (and gray) tank is on the driver's side just forward of the rear bathroom window. You can see it just above the wheels in this photo.
            Attached Files
            Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
            2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
            2020 Momentum 351M
            2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Thank you everyone for your assistance. The flush valve was right there on the side towards the back. We've been a little overwhelmed with all the new features with this camper and that just slipped through my looking for it. We head out today for Misty Mountain Campground in VA for our first trip and are very excited. Thanks again!
              Jay
              New Market, VA
              Momentum 351M being pulled by an F-350 SRW

Comment

My Name is Ron. Just bought a 351ms. Can't figure out how to empty the rear black and grey water. Please help?
                Ron and Patti Featherston
                2023 Momentum 351ms
                2022 F250 Platinum

Comment

There's only one tank for black and grey for the rear bathroom. There should be a handle just about right under the bathroom window below the skirting.
                  Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                  2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                  2020 Momentum 351M
                  2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Thnkas Guys, but in my old age and eyes I'm just not seeing it. I have a handle just forward of the wheels that when pulled I believe dumps fresh water. But can't figure out the waste water.
                    2023 Momentum 351ms
                    2022 F250 Platinum

Comment

Just kidding about the old age thing. Only a youthful 66 hear. Does anybody have a pic of the dump handle so I have a point of reference?
                      2023 Momentum 351ms
                      2022 F250 Platinum

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9cyrZTXzFA 11:15 mark it appears there should be a white handle to the left and a black handle to the right of the rear jack. These would be the dumps. One possibly for fresh water, the other for the rear holding tank.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	120561

Looks like a shadow but I think it might be the handle in the closed position. Capture is from the 11:17 mark.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X