GD Solitude 337MBS low point drain part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD Solitude 337MBS low point drain part number

Howdy, new GD member here. Lots of great info on this forum.

Got a request to find the part number or web site to order the low point drains shown in the picture.

Can't find these drains on the Parts Lookup on the GD website, as the descriptions in the parts are vague or missing pictures. It probably is more user error but I'm having a devil of a time finding these drain vales.

The Solitude is in its summer location and the nearest GD dealerships haven't been very helpful.

I'd be obliged for any assistance.

Gracias.

Yes the parts look up is not the best at describing this part.

Maybe give GD customer service a call with your VIN and they should help you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, CC. Didn't have good results last time I called but will try again.

Comment

TOO

​​​​​​​I found the GD part number here 330064 : VALVE WASHER BLUE AYRLET 2183B 3/4 FGH X 1/2 PEX W/ JAM NUT | Grand Design (granddesignrv.com)

Did a search with the description and found this Ayrlett Small-In-One Wash Box w/EP Valves & Arresters BRASS Pre-Assembled PEX - - Amazon.com. I realize you do not need the whole box but at least there is something out there.

It may be possible that a local hardware store, Lowes or such, may have this item.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

CC, appreciate the lead. Found 'em at a not too far out of the way Texas GD dealership. not too pricey either.

Biggest issue was getting the right part number. Hopefully we'll be able to make this past tense.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            TOO

I found the GD part number here 330064 : VALVE WASHER BLUE AYRLET 2183B 3/4 FGH X 1/2 PEX W/ JAM NUT | Grand Design (granddesignrv.com)

Did a search with the description and found this Ayrlett Small-In-One Wash Box w/EP Valves & Arresters BRASS Pre-Assembled PEX - - Amazon.com. I realize you do not need the whole box but at least there is something out there.

It may be possible that a local hardware store, Lowes or such, may have this item.

Brian
            This is a timely conversation seeing my hot water low point drain decided to fail on our last trip. I would like to replace both with brass valves when I find them. Thanks
            2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Not sure what your particular issue is but just an FYI. If they are leaking, the o-rings inside are pretty easy to replace and they can usually be found at a hardware store.
              Jim & Heidi
              2021 Solitude 375RES-r
              2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

Originally posted by JRKJR View Post
                Not sure what your particular issue is but just an FYI. If they are leaking, the o-rings inside are pretty easy to replace and they can usually be found at a hardware store.
                Thank you I will look into that
                2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by JRKJR View Post
                  One of my valves is leaking. I have looked and researched online trying to figure out how to open the valve to replace the the o-ring; however, I have found nothing. I even tried to call the manufacturer (Ayrlett), but their phone number has been disconnected. Any idea how to get one apart to put a new o-ring in the valve? Thank you for your assistance!

Rob
                  2021 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW LWB
                  2021 Solitude 3540GK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by robsonline View Post

One of my valves is leaking. I have looked and researched online trying to figure out how to open the valve to replace the the o-ring; however, I have found nothing. I even tried to call the manufacturer (Ayrlett), but their phone number has been disconnected. Any idea how to get one apart to put a new o-ring in the valve? Thank you for your assistance!

Rob
                    I am not sure if the o-ring is available separately, you may have to buy the complete valve.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

take a trip to the local "tire" hardware store. Avoid the big box stores as they do not have o-ring kits. Your local Ace, DoItBest or other mom and pop type store most likely has an o-ring kit and can match up the VITON or Nitrile o-ring to the grooves.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                        take a trip to the local "tire" hardware store. Avoid the big box stores as they do not have o-ring kits. Your local Ace, DoItBest or other mom and pop type store most likely has an o-ring kit and can match up the VITON or Nitrile o-ring to the grooves.
                        About a year ago I bought an o-ring kit with all kinds of sizes, but I can't figure out how to take the valve apart. I was hoping someone knew how this valve comes apart, so I could replace the o-ring. I am beginning to think this is a disposable part unfortunately. I am going to have to dismantle a lot of my basement to get to the valve to replace it if that is the case. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!,
                        Rob
                        2021 Solitude 3540GK-R​

Comment

robsonline So I dug through the parts catalogue online and found 2 valves listed part numbers 330064 (blue) and 330063 (red) as mentioned above. You can now order direct from GD parts.

Without having the valve in my hand, I cannot tell you if it's rebuildable, and not knowing the build of the unit, but it appears from the pic that replacement may not be that bad if you can get to the back side (you mention dismantling a lot, but it could just be part of the false wall). If the valve is leaking past and dripping out of the discharge, is it possible to add a valve between the exit and the existing valve to stop the leak?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1377
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	105790

Can you tell if the opposing side to the inlet is threaded? Any better pics may also help, but being a plastic valve a lot of them are fusion welded together and as you say disposable.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Home Depot has this https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBit...4946/205744773
                            I dont know how the stock is configures behind the panel though
                            Keith
                            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The two photos show my current work around. If I need to use the valve, I make sure there is no pressure in the system, and unscrew the cap and reattach the line. If there is enough room, I could try another valve in between until I can replace the valve, but I don't think there is. It is pretty tight clearance. I cannot get to the backside easily. There is a lot in the way, and several things would have to be remove to gain access. If this is a disposable valve, I will probably upgrade to a better valve, and replace both the hot and cold side at the same time. I also plan on putting in hard wired water detection system in at the same time in that area since it is hard to get too. Thank you all for your assistance and advice. If I find a way to open it, I will update this post.
                              2021 Solitude 3540GK-R​

Comment

Working...
                              X