No announcement yet.

GD Solitude 337MBS low point drain part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of trying to put the extra valve between the outlet and the floor, can you put the valve on the outside?

Looking at that assembly, the valve is either 2 pcs shoved together or the non handle end comes off. It almost looks like the non handle end is the same size as the opening. By chance have you tried pushing on the non handle end while turning the handle, what about pulling gently on the handle while turning?
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Instead of trying to put the extra valve between the outlet and the floor, can you put the valve on the outside?
      That is a great idea! I can do that now, and replace both valves this spring when it is nice out. Thank you!

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Looking at that assembly, the valve is either 2 pcs shoved together or the non handle end comes off. It almost looks like the non handle end is the same size as the opening. By chance have you tried pushing on the non handle end while turning the handle, what about pulling gently on the handle while turning?
      I have not tried this yet, but will try before adding a valve to the outside.

Thanks,
      Rob
      2021 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW LWB
      2021 Solitude 3540GK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by robsonline View Post

That is a great idea! I can do that now, and replace both valves this spring when it is nice out. Thank you!

I have not tried this yet, but will try before adding a valve to the outside.

Thanks,
        Rob
        Hi.
        I have run i Into the same problem you had. I was wondering if you were able to replace the valves without too much of a problem. I can’t see an easy way to access the
        screw on connection to either remove or replace the old valve.
        I was wondering if I could just change out the guts of the leaking valve.

I think the only way to get a new valve is from the Grand Design dealer. I can’t seem to find the valve any other way.

Any insight on to how you found a resolution would be great!

Chris

Back for an edit- I replaced the low point valves with brass Shark Bite pex washing machine valves.
        It was a pain, but they work great.
        Last edited by 2chrisd; 03-27-2024, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I have had a leak from my hot water low point drain and have replaced the o-ring in it twice. I will be replacing the entire valve at some point but for now I just replace the o rings when I need to. The valve handle just pops off and you can push the main interior valve out. install the new o-ring and reassemble. Does not take to long.and works.. What I have found in my case is that the o ring gets nicked and starts to leak.
          2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
          X