Grey Tank Equalization concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pengle View Post
    Thank you, Pat and Karen for monitoring the forum and sharing the pictures/information ! You have shared many helpful posts (including that awesome bathroom make over and some kitchen area as I recall too.)

Dan

Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I would venture the 1-1/2" line flows more water than the devices feeding the tank and you will find that the higher tank will not be needed to buffer the flow.

Now if you had a 1/2" drain line for any of the tanks, the tank would then be the buffer b/c the water just cannot flow out of the 1/2" line by gravity as fast as the pressurized system is feeding it.

Think about it like this. Most of the devices are drained by 1-1/4 or 1-1/2" drain lines. The shower if it drains through a 1-1/4" line never backs up in the basin.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Both valves are open & the higher tank(kitchen) is indicating a level of 1/3. The shower & bathroom sink are being used normally & no backup.
        2022 Solitude 310 GK, Solar Package, Awnings, Outdoor Kitchen, Dual AC & Heat Pump
        2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box
        2ea 200ah lithium BT heated

Comment

Dale, the gauge lies. Trust me. I drained all 3 of my tanks and let them sit with nothing in them for months. One still showed 1/3. I even put water in the tank to what should have been 1/3 and it did not change. Unfortunately the way the lights work is by connecting a negative usually at the bottom of the tank to a line headed up to the light. Anything (like rust on the wall of the tank) can make the circuit and keep the light on.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            Dale, the gauge lies. Trust me. I drained all 3 of my tanks and let them sit with nothing in them for months. One still showed 1/3. I even put water in the tank to what should have been 1/3 and it did not change. Unfortunately the way the lights work is by connecting a negative usually at the bottom of the tank to a line headed up to the light. Anything (like rust on the wall of the tank) can make the circuit and keep the light on.
            Agreed, this is only the second & third time the tanks have been filled. When they are empty I'm getting the correct reading & as they fill the level indicator follows. I have zero expectation they will continue to do so.
            2022 Solitude 310 GK, Solar Package, Awnings, Outdoor Kitchen, Dual AC & Heat Pump
            2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box

Comment

Just as an update I did allow both tanks to fill with both valves open. The bath drains worked fine filling the kitchen gray tank.

It's good to know it works, I don't think I will do this a normal operating procedure. One day if I am able to take some measurements of where the level in the kitchen gray tank is the same as the bath gray intakes & vents I would be comfortable leaving the valves open to that point.

Tx's for the comments & feedback from everyone!
              2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box

Comment

Working...
              X