Black Water Tank Rinse Hose Best Practice Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Water Tank Rinse Hose Best Practice Advice

I need a little advice please. My 2021 Reflection 295RL has been out of numerous trips since I bought it new. I didn't have this thought until I checked in 3 nights ago at a campground that told me their city water pressure is 92 PSI. I've used the following for a plumbing run from the hookup from day 1. Short 6" hose with a 2-way splitter. 1 side then to another 6" hose into pressure regulator, then into filter and on to camper. Other side of the splitter I use for black water rinse. I leave it unhooked until I need it, but this allows me easy usage while at FHU sites. It didn't dawn on me until now that I don't have this side regulated and is that an issue? Since it just heads into the black water tank sprayer without ever getting shut off downstream I'm guessing it's ok. I certainly can switch it around if I need to so the splitter is downstream of the regulator.

Thoughts and thank you in advance!
    David & Debra
    2021 Reflection 295RL150 Series
    2022 Ford F-350, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel, 5th wheel prep, OEM B&W Slider

The black tank flush actually goes thru a valve called an black tank flush check valve which allows the water pressure thru and when water pressure is removed it allows air into the line so that water will drain to the black tank and also to the black tank flush inlet, notice water coming out of the connection when you remove the hose? I am not sure if there is a rated pressure for the valve but I personally do not like any pressure over about 40 or 45 psi which my old time brass pressure regulator is set at, similar to this Valterra Lead-Free Brass High-Flow Water Regulator | Camping World​, this is used for all water entering the RV so I do not ever get any high pressures.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 11-07-2022, 06:43 PM. Reason: Black tank flush check valve, not an AAV valve.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes, I do always see the water run back out. Thank you Brian. I'll go change it right now to put the splitter after the regulator! Thanks!
      David & Debra
      2021 Reflection 295RL150 Series
      2022 Ford F-350, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel, 5th wheel prep, OEM B&W Slider

Comment

The flusher is rated to 125psi.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Since the flush system is open ended it should not ever create much back pressure (unless it's plugged.) No regulator necessary.
          Jim (& Sharon)
          2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
          2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
          The toys:
          2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
          2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Working...
          X