No announcement yet.

Schwintek error code 9/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, my issue will also never be resolved as it is triggered by the battery switch. Specifically, when the key is removed it does not do this when I just turn it off and on. I have a suggestion that may or may not work. Lippert has been a very good company to deal with and since you have had these issues since purchasing the unit. Ask them to send you a controller to use to verify if it is the controller or not. List all you have done to try and trouble shoot the issue. I am hopeful they will send you a unit.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Comment

When I talked toLippert a couple weeks back, they did open a case number for me, since we are still in winter. They said when I’m ready to call them, and they will walk me through checking their way. I will suggest that and see if they will send me one.
      Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Depending on the final location of the sensor and since it seems to be limited to only 1 side, I wonder if the sensor is closed (shorted) and during initial power up, it thinks this is to ground vs it being the normal signal.

If you have time and are willing to test, it might be worth extending the slide a few inches and repeating the steps that cause the issue.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Joe,
          Lippert told me there are no sensor's on the schwinntek slide/motor wiring, etc to tell the controller of the slide position (In/out).
          I also looked all over and can confirm, no sensor anywheres I can see, unless there is something in the controller itself.

I unpluged all wire to the controller, Motor 1, 2, and the power to Extend/Retract wires. I get the error as some as I power the trailer, wether it is 12V, 120 v, or both 12/120 together. Only, when the slide is in.
          Does not make sense, but once the weather changes here in Michigan, I going to get with Lippert and they want to walk me though how they would do the voltage test, then see what they say.
          Steve
          2018 Reflection 303
          Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Superduty The sensor I am referring to is the Hall Effect sensor. If it's closed when the power is lost and restored it MAY register as a short in the system.

When I said Location of the sensor, I mean the hall sensor to the reluctor wheel on the motor. This would be how the controller is synchronizing the motor speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAA3qeOYiI rough idea of how the sensor and motor would be setup.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ah, got it. I didnt understand that, but do now. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe, thius is what Lippert will instruct me to do next month after our weather changes.

Seems like the last 3 weeks, we are getting all the snow, sleet, ice that we normally get through out the winter. Got anther 6-7 inch of the white stuff heading our way tonight and thru early morning Friday am. This is the delay in working with Lippert. Too cold in the barn.
              Steve
              2018 Reflection 303
              Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Working...
              X