Clear All

• Reflection 260RD Fridge Loose/Wood Pulled Out

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion Fridge IN.jpg
Views:	1266
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	108013

Hello,

We are owners of a 2022 Reflection 260RD that is equipped with the solar package and 12V Furrion FCR16DC Artic 2-door refrigerator(large). Since purchase last spring, we have used our rig on 3 previous outings to local GA state parks and private campgrounds.

On our latest outing this past weekend, we stayed at a nice new private park in Northeast Florida with a level concrete pad. After I opened up the slide, I noticed that the left upper trim and retaining clip around the box that houses the refrigerator was popped forward and pulled loose from small wood screw (comes in from back of box). Fridge could be moved around quite a bit and free from opposite retaining clip on right. I measured the unit as level and I could move the trim back into place with little effort (except for screw pulled out keeping it from flush fit). Operation of fridge was normal and we did not experience any issues with use or door operation during stay.

When I closed the slide up, and took another look at issue, the fridge was pushed forward around 1/4=1/2" on left and free of left and right retainer. It was difficult to push the fridge back into box and could not get trim piece back to flush. As a precaution, I pushed up on the top of fridge and slide our plastic kitchen dust pan under the unit (appears to be sitting on a wooden panel) to allow us to return home. Did not notice any creeping of unit during travel on return home. It could be my imagination, but I also think I noticed that the slide was taking the travel to close harder than before (especially during the last 1/3 of travel) and carpet under front of unit (on part of floor that slides in/out was slightly bunching up.

I have a request in for service and wanted to see if anyone else had seen a similar issue. Really hard to see where two small clips that are fitted between the wooden box and trim (no actual screws with clips to fridge or solid section of box) hold this large unit in place.

Attached image is of the unit with slide IN.

Sincerely,

David​

David,

Thanks for posting this issue. I have not seen this one before but I can see that it could happen. Looks like GD needs to use a bigger screw maybe.

I hope the floor is not the issue but it could be as well. If the floor is not level and allowing the fridge to tilt forward this could place more stress on the small retainers and hardware. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      David,

Thanks for posting this issue. I have not seen this one before but I can see that it could happen. Looks like GD needs to use a bigger screw maybe.

I hope the floor is not the issue but it could be as well. If the floor is not level and allowing the fridge to tilt forward this could place more stress on the small retainers and hardware. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Brian
      Brian, filled out a service request with GD and I have received a Case # this morning. Now I need to reach out to our dealer to schedule a time to drop off for service/repair. I am also a little concerned with floor level status. Looked again and it appears that the fridge is sitting on or mounted to a finished piece of cabinetry style wood (3/4"). Not sure what this is attached to (subfloor ??) or not. Now that I have had a little more time to review, it also appears that the front of slide may not be completely flush with RV (as opposed to the rear of slide). May be some issue going on here that will need addressing. Will keep this thread open until I have a remediation/solution attained by GD.

Sincerely,

David

Comment

We have a 2022 260RD with the same configuration. We have had the same issue only worse. The refrigerator has been found open with most of the contents on the floor on several trips. I called GD and explained the situation, so they sent me more of the metal clamps to attach to the sides. All that did was push the wood side panel further away from the frig as it rocked back and forth while traveling. We ended up sending a letter to GD about this issue and a number of other issues. We took the RV to the dealer for all items to be fixed. They ended up having to rebuild the side wall and add a block of wood between the ceiling and the refrigerator. Now we are having issues with the slide not coming in. Also, the floor looks like it might be sagging a bit when you view it from under the slide. It looks like we will be taking in to the dealer for the 5th time in less than a year.
        2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
        Recreational RV'ers in Texas

Comment

We have the same issue. During delivery inspection that was the only issue. I came back 4 weeks later to pick it up ( delay was my truck). They had the unit ready to hitch to my truck. We went over it and I never went inside the rv. We got home (4 hours away) and saw that the brackets were loose again( or still). The trim was scrapped up. I tightened them up. I brought the rv to storage and noticed the brackets loose again. I tried screws with more bite and it still would come loose. The fridge could rock so much it would loosen the screws each time. I couldn’t see if there was a foot adjustment. I finally remounted the brackets tight side to side. It prevents the fridge from moving. I’ve only towed to 30 miles but I’m hopeful it’s fixed. Now the fridge seemed to burn up. I called service. I’m waiting. I don’t even know how to turn it off. Hoping the rv doesn’t catch fire

Comment

Originally posted by Scottb127 View Post
            Now the fridge seemed to burn up. I called service. I’m waiting. I don’t even know how to turn it off. Hoping the rv doesn’t catch fire
            What make and model of refrigerator?

Regardless, turn off the propane, disconnect the negative from the RV battery, and disconnect from shore power. If there's solar on the camper, remove (and cap) the wires that are going INTO the PV ports of the solar controller. (Might want to cover the panels with a blanket before messing with the wires to ensure they aren't "live".) Doing all this will ensure there's nothing providing power to the refrigerator.

Questions? Fire back.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

What make and model of refrigerator?

Regardless, turn off the propane, disconnect the negative from the RV battery, and disconnect from shore power. If there's solar on the camper, remove (and cap) the wires that are going INTO the PV ports of the solar controller. (Might want to cover the panels with a blanket before messing with the wires to ensure they aren't "live".) Doing all this will ensure there's nothing providing power to the refrigerator.

Questions? Fire back.

Howard
              Its a home style side by side 12V, Furrion. FCR16DCASA-SS. for some reason I wasn't able to login to this site after I posted. I know my password was correct but it wouldn't let me log in, it wouldn't send me an email to reset my password. Maybe a site issue? Today, I have no problem logging in. It has solar but it's now under the storage roof. it's not hooked up to shore power.

Comment

Scottb127 -- OK, so the "propane" part of the original input is non-applicable to your refrigerator, but all the rest of the potential power inputs should be disconnected (given the level of your concern).

So what led to the diagnosis that the refrigerator is "burnt up"?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

I would love to hear the resolution to the original question on how to properly secure the Furrion 12 V. I have had the same problem and have yet to have it resolved. Grand Design Customer service and Furrion Customer Service refuse to address the issue . Neither organization will send me the brackets or provide a schematic showing the proper bracket location. Good luck and keep us posted with resolution.
                  Bill and Shannon
                  2022 Reflection 303RLS
                  2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    Scottb127 -- OK, so the "propane" part of the original input is non-applicable to your refrigerator, but all the rest of the potential power inputs should be disconnected (given the level of your concern).

So what led to the diagnosis that the refrigerator is "burnt up"?
                    I can smell the burnt motor windings in fridge and it’s not working. I have probably changed out 50 burnt up motors during my work career. They all smell like that. It’s a familiar smell for me. I just can’t believe they wire these directly to the battery with no means of disconnecting it. That’s crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottb127 View Post

I can smell the burnt motor windings in fridge and it’s not working. I have probably changed out 50 burnt up motors during my work career. They all smell like that. It’s a familiar smell for me. I just can’t believe they wire these directly to the battery with no means of disconnecting it. That’s crazy.
                      Wow--a burnt up motor. That's a first (at least to me reading this forum).

The only disconnect is a fuse. If may be under the front panel of the refrigerator (latest models) or it could be near the front of the trailer behind the "A" frame (if you have a travel trailer).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	879.7 KB ID:	116444

In the latest wiring from GD (if I remember correctly) they are changing it again so the power for the refrigerator comes from the Power Distribution Panel (PDP) where it will have another fuse. I have yet to see this configuration, but makes the most sense (to me). Set the battery disconnect to "off" and all 12vDC power that goes through the PDP is removed.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of the dealer service department, consider giving GD Customer Service a call. If you able (and willing) to swap out the refrigerator yourself they might send you a replacement.

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thanks for the info. I’m thinking if they replace the fridge itself, they would have to go through a window. I would imagine they will do everything they can not to do that. I’m waiting for grand design to call me back. The unit is new and I’ve already had to fix a lot of things on my own.
                        1. They left the plastic over inlet to black tank when they installed the toilet. I had to cut the plastic away to get toilet to flush.
                        2. It was winterized when we got it. When I hooked up water 3 fittings under the sink were very loose and started filling the rv with water and antifreeze.
                        3. Trim falling off
                        4. Fridge ripping off brackets and coming open.
                        5. Slider door in bedroom pulled the trim and guide off the wall.

we expected some issues but this fridge is going to put a dent in any travel this year. 😞

Comment

Scottb127 Sorry to hear about your troubles, they do generally fit through the front door, sometimes the fridge door needs to be removed, but I would be surprised if they had to go through a window.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I'd be a bit surprised if you could smell the compressor as it's a sealed unit. I would not be surprised if you smelled a burn fan or circuit board thought.

I know they talk about residential style refrigerators needing to have the slide removed for pulling them, but all of the other I believe will fit out the standard door no issue. Like mentioned, doors or other accessories may need to be removed.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Regarding the initial question on the fridge opening. We also have a 2022 260RD with the 12V fridge. The dealer put a block of wood on top of the fridge that screws into the side of the pantry. This has kept the fridge in place so far. I figure if it ever starts moving i would put a larger piece of wood on top and screw it through the pantry wall in a couple of places. To keep the fridge closed we have the small bungee cord mounted to the top of the fridge and around a clip on the top of each door. Same type of bungee holding the bathroom and bedroom door closed. These two fixes are working so far

Comment

Working...
                              X