No announcement yet.

Reflection 260RD Fridge Loose/Wood Pulled Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the initial question about refrigerator movement, we have had the exact issue on our 2022 260RD. On our first trip the refer traveled out into the galley by 4 inches and the doors had opened with contents everywhere. The dealer replaced the trim and installed more brackets under warranty. The doors opening during travel remains to be an issue. We have installed child locks on the top edge of the door as well as the face of the doors and that has "solved" that issue. What a terrible design for a refer in an RV!

Comment

Same issue. Root cause is that the slide floor flexes with the slide retracted. When the floor flexes, the refrigerator cabinet flexes also. The brackets are woefully inadequate to hold the fridge solidly in place, as is the cabinetry surrounding the fridge.I remedied the situation by drilling through the slide floor, installing stainless flush fitting “T” nuts from the bottom side, and bolting the lower hinges to the floor. It is imperative that the proper spacer is used between the lower hinge and slide floor. Open the doors, drill through the 8mm-5/16 hole in the bottom hinge of both doors through slide floor. Install stainless T nut from underside of slide floor. (First enlarge to 3/8” from underside to accommodate T nut barrel size). Place spacer between hinge and floor and fasten with a 5/16 bolt at each hinge. I used a stainless fender washer on the carpet and a couple of 3/8 nuts for a spacer. A stack of washers will work fine. Problem solved. Apparently the travel lock on the doors was somehow an oversight. Still looking for a proper solution. Appears the newer units have that resolved. Perhaps a retrofit kit may be available.
      2022 260RD. 2006 2500HD diesel, 2wd single cab unicorn. B&W 18k Patriot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	123016 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	123019
        Originally posted by Johio View Post
        Same issue. Root cause is that the slide floor flexes with the slide retracted. When the floor flexes, the refrigerator cabinet flexes also. The brackets are woefully inadequate to hold the fridge solidly in place, as is the cabinetry surrounding the fridge.I remedied the situation by drilling through the slide floor, installing stainless flush fitting “T” nuts from the bottom side, and bolting the lower hinges to the floor. It is imperative that the proper spacer is used between the lower hinge and slide floor. Open the doors, drill through the 8mm-5/16 hole in the bottom hinge of both doors through slide floor. Install stainless T nut from underside of slide floor. (First enlarge to 3/8” from underside to accommodate T nut barrel size). Place spacer between hinge and floor and fasten with a 5/16 bolt at each hinge. I used a stainless fender washer on the carpet and a couple of 3/8 nuts for a spacer. A stack of washers will work fine. Problem solved. Apparently the travel lock on the doors was somehow an oversight. Still looking for a proper solution. Appears the newer units have that resolved. Perhaps a retrofit kit may be available.
        Johio,

any pictures of repair process or completed repair? I agree that issue comes from slide floor flex and tilting inwards when stowed for travel (can barely move fridge when slide is out!). 2nd trip into dealer, with GD tech support trying hard to deny any issue present. I need to rebuild the wall after 2nd go round (warranty) as the wall has come completely loose from floor and ceiling support.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nogascans View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion Fridge IN.jpg
Views:	1266
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	108013

Hello,

We are owners of a 2022 Reflection 260RD that is equipped with the solar package and 12V Furrion FCR16DC Artic 2-door refrigerator(large). Since purchase last spring, we have used our rig on 3 previous outings to local GA state parks and private campgrounds.

On our latest outing this past weekend, we stayed at a nice new private park in Northeast Florida with a level concrete pad. After I opened up the slide, I noticed that the left upper trim and retaining clip around the box that houses the refrigerator was popped forward and pulled loose from small wood screw (comes in from back of box). Fridge could be moved around quite a bit and free from opposite retaining clip on right. I measured the unit as level and I could move the trim back into place with little effort (except for screw pulled out keeping it from flush fit). Operation of fridge was normal and we did not experience any issues with use or door operation during stay.

When I closed the slide up, and took another look at issue, the fridge was pushed forward around 1/4=1/2" on left and free of left and right retainer. It was difficult to push the fridge back into box and could not get trim piece back to flush. As a precaution, I pushed up on the top of fridge and slide our plastic kitchen dust pan under the unit (appears to be sitting on a wooden panel) to allow us to return home. Did not notice any creeping of unit during travel on return home. It could be my imagination, but I also think I noticed that the slide was taking the travel to close harder than before (especially during the last 1/3 of travel) and carpet under front of unit (on part of floor that slides in/out was slightly bunching up.

I have a request in for service and wanted to see if anyone else had seen a similar issue. Really hard to see where two small clips that are fitted between the wooden box and trim (no actual screws with clips to fridge or solid section of box) hold this large unit in place.
          I
          Attached image is of the unit with slide IN.

Sincerely,

David​
          David:

We had the same issue second time we used our camper. We just happened to pull over a wide place and checked on inside of camper coming home. Containers of food on the floor and refrig had moved out of place. I was totally upset with a Grand Design MAJOR flaw on this. My boyfriend got it back in place and we secured it with ratchet straps and a moving blanket under the straps and got home to look at situation. I did call Grand Design and reported this right away and of course they said to take it to your nearest dealership for repair. But we knew they would do a lousy job on any repairs and we knew they would just put some screws in a few places and say it was fixed. My boyfriend could see the whole design was so bad and they should of had a major recall on the camper for it, but of course that would not happen. We knew the refrig would moved again, only a few bolts holding it in the back. We opted to put 2 sturdy hooks on each side of the refrig and then used ratchet straps with towels to protect it on it when we used it again. Even had to put child locks on it ourselves because they doors do not stay shut traveling and yes Grand Design knows there was an issue with that too. Since they knew about these issues and yet did nothing to on a recall to fix this flaw, I was loosing faith in keeping the camper. I have a buyer now for the camper. With all these frame issues coming out now on the bigger 5th Wheels with Grand Design, I want to cut my looses and just not have a camper.

Comment

Working...
          X